QS Darrell Holt Roll-Off - Day 1

Danny Simpson

Speedbump
Here is the results for the Queensland South Darrell Holt Restricted Challenge Roll-Off for Day 1 at Ipswich. Day 2 is at Aspley Tenpin tomorrow.

Attachments

• 2007_Darrell_Holt_Results_Day_1.xls
    65.5 KB · Views: 68
some great scores on the first day

Rhys McCormack went the first 10 to shoot a 287

and Alan Swan also was a stand out being 100 over the card scratch.

In the ladies any of the 9 could still make it. Should be an interesting day tommmorow.

Sorry I just have to ask. Is this the replacement for the walter deveer?? You have to have an average under 184/185??

Don't get me wrong it is good to see people bowling great scores but 6 bowlers (238.86,223.71,214.86,200.71,199.26,192.14)

I am so glad that I have 4 pins on average over 185 and was not eligible to enter (I would have been slaughtered)!

Any ideas of what was in the water down in Ipswich? Just thinking of the past 'debate' (if you can call it that) about the altering of the walter deveer. I was against it, though, maybe the TBA were justified after all.

If I am wrong please forgive me! I am under the impression that this is the old walter deveer.

After thought: Are the scores listed scratch or handicap?? If handicap then it sounds a little less 'gobsmaking'!

I was there, the scores were high.
It was actually a very tough Sport condition, its just that some of them are highly skilled bowlers that Qld has been keeping under wraps for just this occasion.
Simpson could well be a secret weapon waiting to be unleashed.

Don't get me wrong it is good to see people bowling great scores but 6 bowlers (238.86,223.71,214.86,200.71,199.26,192.14)
After thought: Are the scores listed scratch or handicap?? If handicap then it sounds a little less 'gobsmaking'!
These averages that you have quoted are handicapped. The handicap is 100% of 200, so therefore it does read as 38.86, 23.71, 14.86 and 0.71 over the persons average for 7 games, the other 2 bowlers were just under their average - 0.74 and -7.86.

rhys the individual scores are scratch but the total includes the 7 games worth of handicap.

Only the top two bowlers averaged around the 200 hundred mark scratch

You also have to remember the average cut off was at December 31 2006 and bowlers do improve espeically as is the case for 1 bowler who has only been back bowling a short time.

Last year both myself and Daniel Dickson entered deveer roll offs on averages around 170 as we were both only back bowling mid way thru 2005. By the time the roll offs came along we were both averaging in the 190s.

Hope that explains it better for you.

Back
Top Bottom