Proposed Date Change for Greenslopes Cup

The Greenslopes Cup has been run on this weekend for 10 years.
Unfortunately, this year we have clashed with a Caboolture event.
As a result we are contemplating postponing the event to a later date to ensure that both events are able to be well supported.
Commitments with other events over the next few months leave very few dates available. However, we would like your thoughts on whether anyone would like to bowl Good Friday (April 6) from 12 midday onwards.
Thanks for your comments. We will advise mid week if this change is to be effected.

The Greenslopes Cup has been run on this weekend for 10 years.

To whoever is at the helm at Greenslopes Lanes,
How STUPID do you think the bowlers here in Brisbane are?

Firstly you make very little effort with the Original entry form to check the format and if it clashed with anything else. Now to prove something :rolleyes: you come up with this blatant lie.

Greenslopes Cup History: ( Bowled on)
2/4/2006: Won by Brian Pilkington, 2nd Ashely Clarke, 3rd Brendan Meads
20/2/2005: Won by George Frilingos, 2nd Jim Murray, 3rd Steve Hampson
21/2/2004: ?????
27/4/2003: ?????
6th & 7th/4/2002: ?????
13th & 14th/10/2001: was cancelled due to lack of numbers( a clash with Gympie).

This took just under 10 minutes to find all here on Totalbowling.

I'm sure that bowlers,(including myself) would like to bowl in this event but you need to do your homework first and put some effort into it to make it a SUCCESS.

Me

When I started bowling these Grand Prix stops in 2003, they were $95 for 10-12 games.

Now, it's $140 for 10 and has been for 2-3 years. And 1st place has stayed at $600 that entire time.

Price goes up, numbers go down. Good luck getting numbers, I'd love to bowl, but for an extra $45 I think I might go somewhere else with the money. I know there's a matchplay in this one but honestly, the prizefund doesn't justify the entry, because I can't see the event getting 55 entries.

My tournament calendar is looking leaner by the day..

Thankyou for your comments.
Obviously, I have been misguided.

Sad to say though, the event will be postponed to a date to be advised (and that won't be Good Friday).

Good Luck to those going to the Australian Open. Bowl Well!

Again too many events ruin the efforts of those trying to get something happening.

Events should not interfere with each other, once again a case of a lack of effective leadership. I will now assume the event probably won't happen and I feel for whoever is trying to make it happen. For your efforts thank you.

Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus are both examples of what we need, they only ever entere the minimum they needed to and set their whole schedule around the four major events every year.

Back
Top Bottom