Please Explain Selectors?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

01kay

Aaron's Low Games; 137, 146, 143, 135, 157, 166, 139
Rory's Low Games; 165, 164, 163, 162, 161

Please Explain Selectors?!?!

I believe that today’s team was selected with influences from at least one person who may not appreciate me and was on a selfish act of vengeance...

I would like to advise the ASSOCIATION to expect a letter from my lawyers... I'm not going out quietly...

- Rory Baden Kay

hey
i dont really wanna be apart of this but all i can see is that the other 2 were selected by wins not points or high/low games.
shield goes by wins not pinfall you could have someone shoot a 240 average and not win a game, what is the point in that?
but i must say i thought that the select 2 was for injury perposes (eg shield 2003)

Well considering someone has started it

The team as it stands is

Matt Kanafa
Dion Alexander (C)
Ashley Warren
Shane Tunnah
Michael Hoise
Brad Mattsson
Aaron Pellegrini

Megan DeLeeuw
Amy Heib
Renee Porter
Rochelyn Czabania (C)
Lauren Miles
Renee Stadler
Sarah Greening

The controversy is that Rory finished 7th and Aaron finished 8th. I will not disclose any more information, as it is up to rory if he wished to tell. Rory, i support you in your fight and i wish you luck

Congratulations to those who made the Team

Brad

01kay said:
Look dude, post else where this is for the selector controversy, not wishing people luck...

Look.. 'dude'

You have the same rolloffs format that we do at Southern. Top 5 cut, select 2.

Definition of selection:
A carefully chosen or representative collection of people or things.

Selection in the case of a rolloffs does not mean just pick 6th and 7th, otherwise it would be top 7 cut wouldn't it? Other matters come into consideration, such as attitude, age, experience, temper, maturity etc

Now in my oppinion you are suffering in the attitude, temper and maturity stakes. The selectors made their choice and its your job to live with it, you know something like this could have happened from the time you put in your nomination.

Here's some advice from someone that's been in your situation, get over it, train harder and make it next year. And if you age out, set your goals somewhere else. Bringing a lawyer into it well just show how immature you really are. Also that is against the rules of Totalbowling. So expect to see your thread deleted or locked. Seeing you most likely dissaprove of me too, sue me!

Quoted from the Agreement of terms upon registration
"You agree that posting threats of legal action against this website, moderators, admin, webmaster, members or any other person or company, will result in immediate suspension of your account. There is a time and a place that is more appropriate if you wish to pursue such action. The forum is not this place."

And on a happier note, congratulations to everyone that made the teams, it will be great to bowl with you in Canberra.

Ciao, Macca

Glad you asked, I don't know, but I discovered (With legal help) that there not allowed to with hold that information, my lawyers are send there letter tomorrow morning asking for that information so I will know soon...

"You agree that posting threats of legal action against this website, moderators, admin, webmaster, members or any other person or company, will result in immediate suspension of your account. There is a time and a place that is more appropriate if you wish to pursue such action. The forum is not this place."

Funny, it never said associations...

01kay said:

Funny, it never said associations...

You are wishing to sue an association, a committee, made up of people. The rules imply that any threats of legal action are forbidden. Quite while your only slightly behind.

Well thats the great thing about law, its based on words, if you miss word something or forget to mention something it will not hold up a court, besides, I never said I would pursue legal action merely stating that they will be reciving a nice letter from people who just happen to be lawyers...

01kay said:
Well thats the great thing about law, its based on words, if you miss word something or forget to mention something it will not hold up a court, besides, I never said I would pursue legal action merely stating that they will be reciving a nice letter from people who just happen to be lawyers...

Why do you need lawyers to send a nice letter? Go down to the newsagency pick up a card with flowers and send it yourself.

:wink: 8) I would just like congratulate michael hosie on making his first sheild team. Well done mate you have come a long way since the days of me coaching ya! you deserve it. as for the rory situation this is not the place to be discussing it. it is taking away from the people that have made the team.

Oh and id just like to congratulate Bradley "hairy crack" Mattsson on making the team after missing out last year :( (And saying that he would) :p

Love Michael ;) ...... and Kara :p

Rory,
Unfortunately for you this has happened and believe me I'm sure you're not at all happy with the decision, but rest assured you're not the first and you won't be the last. In the past even at top level "rachuig" ? many teams have been selected without incident especially in 1984 when certain people finished third and fourth only not to be selected in that years team. Funny enough since then till recent it has alway been 7 past the post and I think our finishing record in the 80's and 90's proved it's the only way to go. Unfortunatley while there are selectors who are "human" , emotion, favouritism and people that are easily lead leads to many problems.
I haven't seen the latest sheet, however I saw up until game 14 with you in 7th on a 172 ave and aaron in 14th on a 157 ave. I presume aaron must have had a good day today and there decision is based only on todays performance.......Interesting.

I have always had problems with "Kellog Corn Flake Packet" selectors and coaches to really what there backgroud experience is in this game, Some have been around for as long as I can remember (which is not long these days). But as I keep hearing they do it out of the goodness of there hearts for the game................sometimes this is not the best.........

tony

Thank you Tony for not telling me to get a life and being able to understand the situation, I would also like to say that even thought people in the past weren't selected after getting high positions I have something that they must not have had, commitment to see justice, lots of money to fund the courts, a father who is very experenced with this form of favourtism in sport and business, and last but not least more then one lawyer...

01kay said:
Thank you Tony for not telling me to get a life and being able to understand the situation, I would also like to say that even thought people in the past weren't selected after getting high positions I have something that they must not have had, commitment to see justice, lots of money to fund the courts, a father who is very experenced with this form of favourtism in sport and business, and last but not least more then one lawyer...

You have taken this one step to far, that's my closing comment. Don't be so immature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom