Penrith Open

C

Craiggles

Who will be at Penrith Open on 7-8 September? Chances are that I will probably be there, but then again, I got I.D. at the same centre on the Saturday! :p We don't want too many of you in the arvo squad or we have to get moved, which would really suck, we only get 3 home games this year! :wink: Anyways, hope to see you guys all there!

Craig :D

Craigie

Can you post some details about this event like, entry, prize payout, format etc etc. You might find some interstaters coming if it's worth the trip.

G

The tournament craig is talking about is actually a youth event at Penrith on the 7th and 8th of september. The only other tourny i know of at penrith is Sydney Cup.

the tournament on the 7th & 8th september is the penrith cup and is the 3rd youth ranking tournament.
entry fee $130
there is only 1 qualifying squad on saturday check in 9:00am..bowl ten games top 16 go through to matchplay on sunday to bowl a furthur 15 games (qualifying pinfall does not carry over) 20 pins for a win 10 for a draw.
top three to stepladder final...top qualifyer has right to re-challenge if 1st final match is lost.
prize fund (based on 40 bowlers)
1st $900
2nd $700
3rd $500
4th $400
5th $300
6th $250
7th $220
8th $190
9th $170
10th $150
11th $140
12th $135
13th $130
14th $130
15th $130
16th $130
**top 3 females "outside" top 16 win $100 each.
ill be there hope to see every one else there to.
cya later....

hey hey...
of course me and my brother are gonna be there so you can count us astill's in for this one again
seeyas there

ok i thought it was cancelled but it not after alot of huff and puff they have decided to go ahead with it but i still think its silly having it on while the camp is on alot of the good bowlers wont be there...
but still
seeyas tomorrow!!!
talk soon
luv shellbs!

final results

Qualifying

1st Chris Slattery 219.40
2nd Michael Little 209.20
3rd Jamie Sim 208.30
4th Jarrod Lean 208.00
5th Brendan Duthie 205.80
6th Russell Chown 205.80
7th Jamie Kyriacou 202.70
8th Adam Goldberg 201.50
9th Nathan Kennedy 200.10
10th Ross Sanson 196.50
11th Joel Lovegrove 195.20
12th Neil Donnelly 193.50
13th Bobby O'Reilly 192.80
14th Kelly Gardner 192.20
15th Michelle Halprin 191.10
16th Stephen Reynolds 189.50

After matchplay

1st Jarrod Lean 215.27
2nd Michael Little 215.87
3rd Nathan Kennedy 209.87
4th jamie Kyricou 207.80
5th Joel Lovegrove 207.73
6th Chris Slattery 202.73
7th Stephen Reynolds 204.27
8th Jamie Sim 201.33
9th Neil Donnelly 194.47
10th Adam Goldberg 194.73
11th Michelle Halplrin 190.73
12th Brendan Duthie 189.4o
13th Russell Chown 191.00
14th Bobby O'Reilly 189.80
15th Ross Sanson 184 .47
16th Kelly Gardner 183.73

Step ladder

match 1

Nathan Kennedy 221 vs Michael Little 192

Final

Jarrod Lean 205 vs Nathan Kennedy 191

I was wondering how many non-NSW bowlers travelled to this event.

Was Joel Lovegrove (Vic) the only one???

Thats nice, 1 non-nsw bowler and its australian ranked. I thought that a minimum of $1000 first place was needed before it was australian ranked?

Cam,

You along with everyone of the other 70 odd bowlers who bowled the first of these AMF series at Bankstown in Jan received information regarding the rest of this mini circuit. Granted the prizemoney is not huge but neither is the entry fee.

Therefore bowlers should have known the event was on and if they wished to bowl then they could have. A congrats should be made to Joel for making the trip up and supporting the tournament.

As for the 1000 criteria I am not sure but the last one was ranked as far as I know. Either way AMF should also be congratulated for putting the circuit together.

Well done to my fellow Track staffer Jarrod. Another win for track!!!! I am sure one of many to come, what did you use Jarrod??? Talk us through it.................

Dont get me wrong Mick, I think having a statewide circuit with rankings is a great idea, I can see something like that appearing Victoria next year (pity neither of us can compete in it).

Here is a block of information released by the TBA, stating information as to what would make a tournament ranked:

CURRENT CRITERIA USED IN SELECTING TOURNAMENTS
a) Must be a TBA Accredited tournament.
b) TBA Lane Conditioning Policy implemented.
c) Substantial Prize Money – Open Tournaments must have a minimum of $2,000 first prize with a bottom finalists. (i.e. 16th if the cut is 16) receiving a 6-4 ratio return on entry fee. (i.e. $300 if entry fee is $200).
d) Tournaments must traditionally have a large contingent of Interstate participants.
Every effort is made to encourage a mix of tournaments spread across the Nation so bowlers have at least one tournament to attend in their home State or Territory.

Remember, this is an AMF circuit, not a TBA one. When looking at the above criteria, I look at section d, and see one interstater bowled.

I knew the tournament was on, but can you justify going to a tournament like that? Its just like why Jarrod, Jason and yourself didnt go to Adelaide, you would have to bowl in top 2 to make ya money back, it wasnt worth it.

I just think, if they are going to make guidelines, they should stick to it. Just like you have your issues with certain things, I have mine. At the moment, I think NSW and VIC are the only place youth bowlers in this country get exposure to progress in our sport. You see the odd person from other states shine through, but nothing with regular consistancy.

Oh well, its not like this has been raised before. I'll do my part to help the younger guys in this state after this year has ended.

Penrith

Well, I guess it is not like the TBA havent moved goal posts before. They seem to have a wonderful habit of making the rules up as they go in some matters.

Nothing like being all the place like a dogs breakfast.

Back
Top Bottom