Pakistan Coach Bob Woolmer passes away

Easy Tiger

Pakistan Coach Bob Woolmer passed away last night at the World Cup tournament in the West Indies.

His death follows Pakistan's shock loss to minnows Ireland in the group stage of the tournament, and their subsequent elimination from the tournament having previously lost to the West Indies in their first match.

The news has sent Pakistani cricket into disarray, combined with the news this morning that Pakistan captain Inzamam Ul-Haq has retired from One Day International cricket, effective at the conclusion of the tournament.

Pakistan have one remaining match in the World Cup, against minnows Zimbabwe on Wednesday. In a statement to AFP, team management confirmed that the team will play their final match of the tournament.

Pretty shocking news. He was on the screen during the Ireland/Pakistan game and it's kind of hard to believe that he just went all of a sudden. What was the cause of death?

RIP Bob Woolmer

Shocking news, was a highly respected man in World cricket circles.
Seems to be a suggestion of stress induced heart attack or diabetes related, lets hope it wasn't anything else.
Had been under a lot of stress for a long time, the ball tampering allegations which led to the match forfeit and the Darrel Hair incident allegedly had him questioning his future with Pakistan.
Then there was the doping scandal and now this display at the World Cup.
Maybe it all got too much for him.
Certainly those stupid bloody fans burning effigies of him in the streets after the loss wouldn't have helped his stress levels.

Geezuz who'd want to coach that lot - absolute rabble.

people say natural causes but i think this may be a cover up i beleive he was murdered it has happened to someone beofre in the soccer world cup to an umpire i telling ya look inot this people cause it was a murder

It's been confirmed that Bob Woolmer has been murdered. Jamican police confirmed he died from "asphyxiation by manual strangulation". The Pakistan team have all been questioned and finger printed.

It's been confirmed that Bob Woolmer has been murdered. Jamican police confirmed he died from "asphyxiation by manual strangulation". The Pakistan team have all been questioned and finger printed.
i heard the south africans are prime suspects

Their experienced (think 1999 World Cup)

Back
Top Bottom