Outstanding Free Plaques

Graham

Staff member
This is a "NEWS" post on the TBA site ..

Since the re-opening of TBA Office and National Awards on January 6th, all outstanding free plaques earnt prior to 2000 and outstanding first time 300 game plaques from 2001 and 2002 have been processed.

The last of these will be sent out from office on Friday 31st January. This closes a difficult chapter in the re-establishment of TBA and National Awards and I would like to thank all Bowling Centres, Associations and bowlers for their patience.

June Voukolos
Chairperson

Thought some people may be interested.

STILL WAITING ?

Good point Patrick...

I'm still waiting for two 300 awards from 2000 (Kedron Cup and Caboolture Open) - as well as still waiting for 2 X 800 plaques and a 1000 plaque or two...

All from 2000...

I will be interested to see if TBA takes 2 years to get out the back to back 300 plaques to our recent JNR BOWLER achievement...

Sorry - 3 years!

Browny from http://www.10pinbowling.com

Well I got my 700 plaque earlier this month. Not bad only a three year wait but better late than never. Was surprised to get it as I wasn't expecting to ever see it. With times like that it is no wonder sanction cards and stationery aren't ready on time for the start of a new year.

Scott

If the TBA is supplying the plaques for the 300 awards & 700 awards from prior to 2000, then what about the rings or watches thatw ere supposed to be free for the 300 awards.
I bowled a 300 in November 1999 and was advised that l could choose between a ring or a watch as part of the award.
For the past 3 years l have been enquiring about this and advised that all awards prior to 2002 had allready been supplied, and yet they now openly say they are now sending out the plaques for awards prior to 2000 and 2001 to 2002.
Now wonder tenpin bowling is suffering in this country. When the controlling body advises the bowler directly that they have paid out the award and then publish details advising that they have not, and are now doing so.
In 1999 the TBA introduced the new fee structure, of $20, $25 & $95 for the years membership.
I paid the $95.00 fee to able to recieve the ranking points available at the national tournaments. It did not seem to do me any good in getting my awards at all.
If anyone knows if the TBA is paying out the Rings or Watches as well, can they please advise, as unable to get a response from the TBA.

Not surprising that at all.

xpense....Try ringing June Voukolos
She said that no one ever bothers to go right to the source for answers..this is your big chance!

Oh and be sure you get an answer that satisfies you..and please post it here for all of us.

wchester : Have tried that before, last year, was informed that l would need to talk to the awards area in Queensland, and was then fobbed off, have been talking to our local representative Justin Lopes, (TBA board member) about it for 2 years and he keeps advising that there is nothing that can be done, and l should forget about it, but when l ask for that in writing l dont seem to able to get that either. Funny that. The TBA were willing to take the money, but not willing to give it back when the award was achieved. When l also posed the question of returning the additional funds paid for the year, and returning my membership to the base grade, where we had to pay for all awards wanted, that went on deaf ears as well.
No wonder l am looking for another sporting interests to occupy my time.
Evertime l have called the TBA in relation to this l am told l have called the wrong people, and need to call Queensland, who handle the awards, and then when l call them, l am told that l need to call Sydney Head offeice, the old run around treatment.
It is amazing that the TBA say nobody ever approaches them about these issues, but in most cases people have they have not listened. As l also used to bowl with Justin Lopes for a good part of the last 3 years l have reminded him everytime l saw him about it.
Still nothing. I think l will try and improve my golf game.

Justin Lopes a TBA Board Member ?
Are you sure ?
His name does not appear on the paperwork.
There again neither does Frank Kosztan, and he pretty much runs the show.

xpense,

I've been the TBA Melbourne Manager for nearly 2 full years now and I certainly can not re-call you discussing this issue with me?

Give me a call and I'll follow up what I can for you.

PS Justin Lopes is VTBA Board Member.

xpense,
I shot an 800 at Redcliffe in 1999, filled out the form for the ring. After 18 minths or so I got a plaque. On enquiring, I was told tough luck we changed the award system, all you get is a plaque. Hopefully you will have better luck, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

More news from TBA .. this time changes are being made.

Tenpin Bowling Australia will be resuming responsibility for the TBA Awards Program which includes the sale of all chevrons, plaques, watches and rings for bowler awards. From 1st March please place all orders with TBA Office using all existing mailing, phone/fax and email addresses. All payments for awards after 1st March 2003 should be made to Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited.
For any award enquiries please contact Nicole on 07 38078404.

National Awards have moved to different premises and will be acting as a Service Provider to Tenpin Bowling Australia Limited and will no longer handle direct Centre, Association or Bowler liaison in regard to purchase and supply of awards for TBA Awards Program.

Oh! Why do I do this?
Ask the questions!
So now that the Awards program has NOT been sorted out to everyone satisfaction by National Awards and Frank - the awards are now back with TBAL.
But what service or services are National Awards and Frank going to handle for TBAL?

Past ecperiences with Frank and National Awards are not the best, so the question has to be asked - what service is Frank to provide us with?
And why could not these services be provided by directly employed staff of TBAL, so that TBAL could control everything itself and then the buck would stop at only one place, instead of the buck being passed around - blaming each other - so that the complaint about no receival of service never gets answered.

I think the TBAL Board should act soon to make sure ALL SERVICES are under thier direct control - then then we would have only the TBAL Board to complain to if we don't receive the service we expect.

John McKenna

Xpense,

Since you haven't called . . .

YOU ARE HEREBY PERSONALLY INVITED

Bring your question along and ask the TBAL chairperson direct.

open_forum_15032003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom