Out of Interest

If we got a circuit up going in the Widebay area, would you bowl in it?

• Yes

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • No

Votes: 28 65.1%

• Total voters

MeL_aCwOrTh

Out of interest, would people that are in youth bowl in a circuit that comes out to the wide bay area (Bundaberg, Caboolture, Kingaroy, Sunshine Coast, Gladstone, Hervey Bay, Maryborough and Gympie)???
What would be a format that you would like to bowl it? Maybe if this get enough interest, I'll try and see if I can get it up and running so that the youth can have some more tournaments.
Any ideas and opinions would be great on this.....

This is just an update of what I have received so far -
  • Entry fee would $100/$150 for 10 games qualifying.
  • Prize Fund would be based on 40 bowlers.
  • Event helded over 2 days.
  • Top 12 make the finals.
Finals - top 4 sit out
Best of 3 head to head
Draw 1 - 12th v 5th = winner plays 1st
Draw 2 - 11th v 6th = winner plays 2nd
Draw 3 - 10th v 7th = winner plays 3rd
Draw 4 - 9th v 8th = winner plays 4th
Best of 3 head to head
Semi-final 1 - winner of draw 1 plays winner of draw 4
Semi-final 2 - winner of draw 2 plays winner of draw 3
Best of 5 head to head
Winners of semi final 1 and 2 play.
Possible prize money -
1 = 1500
2 = 1200
3 = 900
4 = 700
5 = 575
6 = 475
7 = 375
8 = 300
9 = 250
10 = 200
11 = 175
12 = 150
If we were to do that prize money, we would need some sponsorship also. If there is any proshops or businesses out there that would be interested, just either send me a pm or post a reply. Also any feedback on what I have here would be great too.

Because it is a circuit, you would get points depending where you place. But I think that you are talking more along the lines of making it a national ranked tournment. That is a possibility if it does happen.

I really don't know about this. I think you might struggle to get them nationally ranked. Sure you can do your own rankings points, thats easy enough.
You can always try it out, I just don't think you will get a decent enough turnout to have a decent prize fund.

Back
Top Bottom