On line League?

On line League

• Yes

Votes: 91 85.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 14.2%

• Total voters
Hi Jase...
Just a consideration for yourself (and others), I see there are some who want low handicap (ie: 65% of 200) while others want higher handicap.
I am keen to participate in and support such a venture - however I have a concern.
I live in Darwin, where there is one bowling alley and it is a very low scoring center (there are several bowlers who are solid 200+ average bowlers here - however the highest average in our most competetive league is only a buck eighty!).
I for one would not like to play against bowlers who are in high-scoring centers without some form of equaliser (such as high handicap). I would also like to propose that handicap is based on a percentage of 220 or 230 - not 200.
Again, this is to help equalise those easier centers against those harder ones...
My highest league average to date over a season (110+ games) is 234. Bowling in Darwin - I am extatic if I average 190 or better on any given night...
I'm sure you get what i'm saying, so i'll leave it with you to take it into consideration.
I would also like to propose that the center that bowlers commence the league in is the one they have to stay in the whole time (or re-establish averages over a minimum of 3 weeks in the new bowling center).
Again, this will help eliminate bowlers from establishing averages in a hard or lower scoring center and moving to a higher scoring center to take advantage of their handicap....
Any other comments from other bowlers regarding how to equal up the bowling centers???
PB

I tend to agree..
there are some centres that are certainly a lot more high scoring than others..

On the other hand how are the points awarded? or is it just highest average after XX weeks wins?

If the points are awarded for say.. making average each game then some one averaging say 190 in a tough centre is still competitive to some one averaging 230 in an easy centre..

although you would need to keep track of averages week to week also.

Count me in.. :) I remember bowling in a centre based one a long time ago and it was fun. I think I won a pair of shoes as one of the prizes.

Might as well just have one like they've been running over on AB for ages.
I've been in it for over 12 months, seems to work fine.
Works on an honesty system and there's very rarely any sooking or *****ing.

Mind you that mind happen on here a fair bit though....

I run the league on AbsoluteBowling. I have done so for 3 years now.

Yes, this would be a good idea too, but surely an honesty system would prevail here!

I believe the bowlers when they say they bowl those scores each week.

I believe that they are only cheating themselves if they post false scores.

I run the league on AbsoluteBowling. I have done so for 3 years now.
Yes, this would be a good idea too, but surely an honesty system would prevail here!
I believe the bowlers when they say they bowl those scores each week.
I believe that they are only cheating themselves if they post false scores.
Oh yes an honesty system wouldn't be a problem here at all, just I could probably see a heap more sooking going on on here over how to run it that's all.
All the usual "my centre's harder, it's not fair!", "I want it handicapped or I'm not playing!!!" type stuff.
Over on the one you run there's quite a diverse range in averages and it seems to work good, and let's face it, there aren't any prizes involved so it's just good to see how we're all bowling each week. Just a bit of fun really.
I'll let you explain how yours runs Trev :)

Back
Top Bottom