NSW YOUTH ROLLOFF DAY 1 SCORES

Why are you all placing a Win at Werribbee on one person?? One person does NOT make a team... as long as you work together & put everything you have into it you should do well. If you go into the game with negative thoughts about your team mates you have lost before you even start!! The cream always rises to the top & admittedly Cow was up there in 5th but what can you do ...the selectors have done what they did & the condition was what it was??????? I just think if there was no selection criteria there would be no complaints & no alternative.

rough debate.
however.
the teams where chosen and we were all aware of the selection process.
not to say i agree with the decision in this case, but thats how it has turned out; focus needs to change.

as far as i know there haven't been many teams in the past, using a selection processes, that have ended like a fairytale.
this just happened to be a bigger shock than most.
moral - there aren't always free rides.

good luck to the rest of the teams when forming.
remember your going there to WIN.
not give people 'a go'.

SEE IM NEW TO THE LAND OF BOWLING BUT I HAVE BEEN PLAYING SPORTS ON A HIGH LEVEL FOR OVER TEN YEARS. I KNOW THE WAY TEAMS ARE SELECTED AND THEY GO ON WHO IS BOWLING WELL AT THE TIME, CONGRATS TO EVERYONE WHO MADE IT, SIMO WE ALL KNEW YOU HAD IT.

AND ON THE OTHER HAND FOR THE LAD THAT HAS BEEN IN THE AUSSIE SQUAD FOR THREE YEARS BAD LUCK, I MEAN MAYBE IT WASNT YOU TIME THIS TIME. PEOPLE I DONT CARE IF YOU RIP ME APART BUT IN ALL HONESTLY WOULD YOU PICK PEOPLE THAT ARE ON THERE GAME OR SOMEONE THAT HAS BEEN THERE BEFORE??( KEY WORD BEEN)

I MEAN WOULD YOU PICK TIGER WOODS FOR BEING THE WORLDS NUMBER ONE GOLFER EVEN WHEN HE IS OFF HE GAME, OR WOULD YOU PICK A NEW UP AND COMING LAD THAT IS PLAYING THE BEST OF HIS CAREER??

NOW YOU TELL ME THAT. I JUST THIK THE SELECTORS ARE SELECTING A TEAM THAT THEY BELIEVE WILL WIN, THATS WHY ITS THERE JOB NOT OURS.

Mickakatool you say that you are new to bowling, so obviously you dont know anything about Stephen and his bowling skills and history...Otherwise you would not of quoted what you did...
You quoted " would you pick people that are on their game
or someone that has been there before???
(KEY WORD BEEN)"
Well Im sorry to inform you that Stephen is still there, he is far from being BEEN he might not be in this years team. He will still represent his state in this years Ruchuig tournament and we wish him all the best in China Representing his country...
Its a bit of tough luck when you have a bad weekend and you miss out on selection, but these things do happen & Stephen would not be holding a grudge on anyone, he would be getting on with it and concentrating on his next endeavor, that is just the type of decent young man that he is... Its just a bit rough when someone that knows so little can say that he is a has BEEN...

well mate i dont mean it as he is over i meant it as he is not in this year. i just find it hard to believe that this guy it such a huge part of the nsw team. i mean if he was such an important part wouldnt he be first in the team? before the selections?
im not be nasty here but i mean the reason selections are held is for everyone to try out on the same playing field. if he was off his game well its unlucky but its just the way people are talking it seems like he it like the tiger woods of bowling. isnt the rolloffs a place where everyone gets to prove how good there are?? i mean someone can improve out of site in one year.
ps. i mean no disrespect to stephen.
im just in for a fair chance to everyone.
by the way when i meant he has BEEN there before it was saying that like everyone has stated previously he was in the past 3 aussie squads an the nsw teams. not saying that he is over!!!!

I have tried to stay out of this being the best friend of the bowler that is causing all of the questioning on selections, but I have to say it.

Picking bowlers at their peak, I totally agree with you. But how do you define when a bowler’s peak starts and ends? YOU CAN'T. Sure other bowlers bowled better on ... the weekend, the 2 "simulated patterns"; in the two centres how ever you want to look at it they scored higher. We are not talking about taking away a team the following week, youth is several months away who knows who is going to be bowling well then so what you should be aiming for is taking away the highest skilled bowlers, with the most amount of knowledge, with the most experience and the team you can train to WIN.

Sure if you always take the "usual’s" its going to be hard to train new upcoming bowlers but from my experience in state teams I would much rather come in as a rookie with all the states proven greats and learn from them. Sure I could bowl well say the year before and kick them out of the team so I make it in. What am I going to learn? Where is the state development in that? What are my chances of bowling well with no one to teach me or pass their experiences onto me?

But hey you wanted to take the bowlers that are at their peak, here is a great way to pick a team. ONE shot, you bowl, you strike, you stay in the roll offs. You miss, your gone! Who cares about what your going away to bowl on that does not matter, what matters is who is bowling well at the time? Let’s see how many gold medals you win doing that but who cares your defiantly going to get the best bowlers at the time aren’t you?

There are so many things wrong with all the selection processes and everyone will always have a different opinion. It’s all going to come down to what you are trying to achieve and again everyone will think different. My view??? Your going away to win medals, but it is also about the development of bowling into the future, after all who cares if you can win all the medals if you can’t do it again. The most important part though is development in only useful if it’s headed in the right direction.

Michael Craig

i fully agree with the whole development which rookie and junior bolwers they are our future, regardless of what sport it is there will be new generations of talented bowlers with bigger, brighter and more talent, in my opinion it is evolution.
thanks mick

Well I hope that all the posters that think Scott should not be in the team realise that he probably is reading all this rubbish.

By the way well done Scott and the rest of the bowlers that have made the team, selected or otherwise.

Also I ask you all this: Give one decent and responsible reason for Scott not to be in the team. Not why Stephen should be but why Scott should not.

Rob

congrats to all who made the team a big congrats to scott must have proven somethin out there
also who ever cant fill a team in the male section there will be a bit dreftee out there in COW (if he is goin for draft) theres always a chance to show the selectors they made the wrong choice
but congrats again and a big congrats to scotty

What's the point of having the Roll-Offs in the first place if you already have picked the first member of the team chosen before they start based on "PREVIOUS" awards, achievements etc...

It was bad luck for Stephen that he bowled under par and missed the team, but thats what happenes if you bowl, or in the case of any other sport play bad on the Representitive Team selection day/s. You don't get picked.

FULL STOP, no if's n' but's about it. Yes, he probably should be in the team from what I've heard about him (Don't personally know him) but he bowled bad and missed out! And the other fella did bowl well enough to get in the team, don't go knocking a guy because he's not as well know than others.

If I said who's better:
Hulk Hogan
OR
Terry Bollea

Most people would say Hulk Hogan right?
Wrong Terry Bollea IS Hulk Hogan
You get my point?

If not G.F.Y.

End of story...You bowl bad when there are selection spots up for grabs you miss out NO MATTER what you've done in the past!

P.S
Damn, that'd have to be my biggest post ever.

Toshio

Back
Top Bottom