NSW Restricted Masters

Shoey

Shoey
let me be the first to congratulate my wife Gayle and my good friend Peter Marker on their wins in the NSW Restricted Masters final on monday at Strathfield Superbowl in Sydney. Both bowled well throughout the weekend and capped it off with their wins. There wins also created a back to back performance for Tamworth bowlers who also won the event in 2007.

Placegetters were ladies division - 2nd Lynnae Rankine and 3rd Isabel Salazar and mens divison - 2nd John Carroll and 3rd myself.

Peter picked up a new Black Widow ball on friday night and used it all weekend bowling the house down, well done mate.

I'll second that. Well done everyone, it was a great weekend even for those of us who just got to sit around watching and cleaning bowling balls!

Yes, well done to Tamworth bowlers again. Nothing like top conditions aye? ;)

Both Men's and Women's 2nd place getters were only one or two spares off from winning!

I bowled average to come 12th, so you can imagine the competition there was out there!

Koche Petrov with an average of 112 hit his first 200 game, being a 211 in game 5, so congratulations to him too!

Overall, was a great weekend. Can't wait for the ACT State Championships in August, which I know alot of the participants at this years NSW State Championships will be participating in!

By the way, anyone know how to get the damn black grease off my bowling balls? :p

Richard,

isocol and plenty of elbow grease, get in and give your balls a good rub.

its shocking. i ran my gear on a spinner last night and have to go at it again tonight. its all just caked on.

to Koche, well done mate was a top game. look forward to seeing more from you as a result of your chats with Doug.

and yes, there is nothing like top conditions, we all enjoy them immensely. certainly beats what we get week in week out.

be gentle with the acetone though, you could stuff your ball completely.

as i said isocol has removed heaps on sunday and monday morning with heaps of elbow grease. i used a ball spinner last night and the crap is still coming off

i'm actually going to do a warm soapy water soak tonight to see if that lifts more. will let you know

I agree richard,

seeing it happened at the roll over and cheryl was giving away ball cleaning stuff and then a month or so latter the problem is still there something needs to be looked at

Peter, not only that. They complained my ball wasnt getting onto the lift to send it back to the ball return. They wanted to clean it while I was in a squad. Better yet, I bet they'd use alcohol like it has happened to me before! Ball was fudged for awhile. Lucky I told them the rules before they did it. Not my fault they used 24 units of oil down the middle, lol

Hi guys, the best thing i've found to clean your balls with is the Legends Cleaner.

Well done to Gayle and Peter on your wins and congrats to all who participated and achieved some personal milestones.

Congratz Gayle on your WIN , maybe time for hubby to retire and just Chauffeur you and the Kids to the Tournaments

Best Wishes Don

Peter, not only that. They complained my ball wasnt getting onto the lift to send it back to the ball return. They wanted to clean it while I was in a squad. Better yet, I bet they'd use alcohol like it has happened to me before! Ball was fudged for awhile. Lucky I told them the rules before they did it. Not my fault they used 24 units of oil down the middle, lol
well, they only complained about your ball cause its was the only one on the pair that had a bright colour :p

but yes, the staff wanted you to properly clean the ball (it even got hand delivered to you), and probably would have complained about your 2nd ball also if it had a bright colour in it :p

Enf...

ohh, and i havent found any black crap on my ball yet, altho it is already black so it may just be 1cm thicker now...

(after thought #15): the centre also has a free WiFi access point, so i managed to hit that up for sunday arvo. (didnt bowl monday cause i bowled too crap on sat/sun)

southStrathfieldWiFi.png

Enf...

ohh, and i havent found any black crap on my ball yet, altho it is already black so it may just be 1cm thicker now...

(after thought #15): the centre also has a free WiFi access point, so i managed to hit that up for sunday arvo. (didnt bowl monday cause i bowled too crap on sat/sun)

southStrathfieldWiFi.png

Enf...

Erm, if you showed up and qualified for masters, you would have been able to bowl!

Was fun on Sunday morning, felt good to beat ya with my 580 scratch! LoL

Erm, if you showed up and qualified for masters, you would have been able to bowl!

Was fun on Sunday morning, felt good to beat ya with my 580 scratch! LoL
you and your D grade team :p

true, i qualled, but decided not to waste $90 to bowl another 10 crap games

Enf...

Congratz Gayle on your WIN , maybe time for hubby to retire and just Chauffeur you and the Kids to the Tournaments
Best Wishes Don

good on ya, thanks mate, need i remind you she's 12 months behind. perhaps she should retire and chaffeur us around. seriously we are all enjoying way to much to consider retirement.

thanks
Graham

Back
Top Bottom