NSW Country Championships

Shoey

Shoey
I wish to publicly thank Aldo and Marissa Belmonte for there warm and open hospitality over this past weekend for the staging of the 18th Annual NSW Country Championships in Orange. the lanes we tough but fair and the machines never missed a beat. as usual the centre was presented imacculately welcoming all visiting bowlers.
To Marilyn, Ron and all of the Orange TBA Committee thank you for a well run incident free tournament it was great to be part of it.
for those wondering what they missed, this tournament is going from strength to strength, 2007 had 203 entries and i believe that this years event saw 261 entries, a great result given the amount of usual visitors from Tamworth who did not make it this year. i've been attending now for a few years and this is the first time restricted and Open masters was played as per the entry form with no mixing of events to hold a handicap masters. unfortunately the ladies open masters was the only event not held.
to those who travelled up from Sydney and Nowra, thanks and i hope you had a great weekend and look forward to seeing you next year.
i and my family look forward to 2009 and hopefully will see more new faces in Orange as this tournament is a great way to start the year and allows adults to bowl with juniors in all events which is hugely family orientated.
once again thanks for the weekend it was the best one yet.
cheers
Graham Shoesmith

I agree with Graham. It was well run, no problems whatsoever. If you needed a change on a squad, there were smiling faces all the same. Myself and my group of members bowled quite abit this and last weekend. We had a great time and all of us left with smiles on our faces.

The championships had a fantastic feeling to them, and as long as I exisit in bowling, 2009 should be another interesting year!

Thank you to all involved, greatly appreciated!

Richard Palma

Back
Top Bottom