Not the right thing!!!

Hippy??

Over heard at Redcliffe that some people were threatening to cancel their cheques because they were not happy with what happened re: the lane conditions. Also heard of one bowler who was bragging about doing so.
This is not the done thing, but I don't have conformation of this happening so I will not say too much about it...but if this is the case then I would have to say that I think that this would be one of the lowest acts that I have heard of in a long time. Some people who represent such things as ball companies and centres should have a long think about what they are trying to prove and who they represent????
Not exactly the image that I would expect from someone that was representing me!!!
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

Think you may have overheard some right and some wrong info. Didn't hear of few people only one. I'm also sure that it was in a heat of the moment situation which there were excuses for. I'd be extremely confident that it will have ended there and then which is exactly where it should have. In defence though it makes it awefully frustrating when only a set number of bolwers from one squad are affected rather than all squads having the same problems. Its difficult to accept that just because people might be in to the 2nd frame that an error cant be corrected. I wasn't there but it obviously was for the last squad. It did feel like opening up your wallet and saying take what you like because theres no disputing that not all bowlkers were afforded the same opportunity to qualify. Unfotunately though this is a sympton of what can happen in bowling given that the condition of the lanes has so much control over everyones performance.

I usually bowl on whatever condition is set and try not to complain about the centre, whatever happens but......
At Redcliffe I felt like I woulld have been justified in asking for my money back, minus lineage.
Not so much for the condition that was set but THIS WAS THE MOST INCONSISTANT CONDITION ACROSS THE HOUSE THAT I HAVE BEEN FORCED TO SUFFER, AND THE RELIABILITY OF THE PINSETTERS REFLECTS A VERY POOR STANDARD OF MAINTAINANCE. IT WAS A DISGRACE TO CHARGE BOWLERS $200 TO BE SUBJECTED TO THE FIASCO THAT CONFRONTED EVERY SQUAD ON SATURDAY.
Honestly, this is the only event that I have EVER been pleased NOT to make the final.
I do not plan to make a return visit in the near future.

I too hope that it was "a heat of the moment" situation. But as I said...one bowler was heard bragging about canceling his cheque. I'm sure , as petebowl states, that we have all felt ripped off at some stage or other and felt like doing something like this, but never have..

I guess the idea of the post was more or less to get the bowler or bowlers in question to have a good think about their actions.
icon_sad.gif
icon_sad.gif

Fair Enough, I must admit I didn't pay attention to the bragging part but that really isn't too good and certainly not what the game needs. Again I hope it was just a spur of the minute thing born solely out of frustration. I agree with what you said that I'm sure we've all felt ripped off at some point with lane draws and you just hope that over time you get good and bad so it evens itself up. Just unfortunate it happened at Redcliffe which has a reputation for being very true and fair to all concerned and that we always get the same pattern from the start of the event till the end but I guess everyone has bad days. The fewer the better though.

Have been told personally by someone very proudly that he cancelled his cheque Monday morning. Must agree that things like this should not be done. How would places like Caboolture take to people who average 225 and miss finals and cash cancelling cheques in protest? Is it worth pointing out that the bowler who finished third in the tournament played on the controversial lanes in the squad in question? There must have been a way to do alright on them. I know I averaged 16 higher on lanes 1-10 then 11-20, but depending on where you played, the right line was very similar from pair to pair I thought.

disappointed to hear about the cheque scenario, and hope it isn't true.

That would be cause for suspension.

Many broken hearts that weekend, both by people who didn't cut and those that had to go back and endure it on sunday.

I was fortunate enough to cut, only based on prior experience there 4 years ago, when the oiling machine broke halfway down lane 1 and after an hour and a half, they had got the one from kedron, for those that know kedron, know what i mean.

i know in squad 4, we demanded the lanes be re-oiled, after throwing one shot on practise, i don't know why the guys that started on the suspect lanes in squad 3 didn't demand the same, if it was so blantantly obvious.

and to the man that bowled the ball from the players area out to nearly the arrows, brought a chuckle from me, although i can imagine the frustration, its was the funniest thing i have seen for a while, from 10 lanes up the centre. i aint dobbing.

and congrats to daryl, at the end of the day, he shut his mouth and knocked more pins over than the rest of us.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom