North Queensland Walter De Veer Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice

Not sure of exact qualifying order ....... so nobody get offended if i put you in the wrong place.

Men
Doug Mitchell
Dale Knack
Anthony Meikle (c)
Weng Nish
Ivan Edwards
Mick Fennech
Kevin Daymond

Ladies
Coral Haworth (c) 5151
Tarnya Low 5130
Lana Hart 5114
Bernadette Shelley 4991
Betty Pacher 4982
Tina Leonardi 4937
Nerida Roberts 4729

Someone got the men's scores?

I was going to bite my tongue, but nothing will ever change if somebody isn't brave enough to stand up bring this out in the open. I must say that I am appalled at the behaviour of a select couple of people at the second Walter De Veer/Rachuig roll-offs. The behaviour I am talking about is extremely unsportsmanlike and has brought an unpleasant shadow over the whole affair for a number of people who were affected. To those perpertrators, your actions may have upset others enough that it affected their performance and helped secure your spot in the team, but may I point out that you now have to bowl with these people and are expected to bond with them for the sake of your STATE, yes, that's right... it isn't all about you! And isn't that going to be difficult in light of your behaviour and comments. If you have so little respect for all those you talked badly of, (most of the team) why did you bother to even roll off. You should be ashamed of yourself... in the years I have been bowling I have had many a competitive opponent but I have never come across more unsportsmanlike behaviour than I witnessed on the weekend.

Well, I'm not going to remain silent anymore while I and the people I respect as my team mates are put down and the sport I love is turned into a nasty affair.......it's just not in the true spirit of Walter De Veer!

See you on the lanes!!!
Lana Hart

Dale Knack 5144
Doug Mitchell 5123
Anthony Meikle (C) 4957
Ivan Edwards 4831
Mick Fenech 4684
Weng Nish 4605
Kevin Daymond 2550 ( only 12 Games )

Well done to all who made the team ( men and women )
Congratulations to Anthony on being named captain.

I don't have to tell anybody who I am talking about, they know who they are, they are the only ones who are upset about my post. Funny my post was mostly regarding the bagging of my team mates yet you seem to know most of the comments were aimed at me! Only the guilty party or their family would have responded to my post!

Say what you like, it doesn't bother me at all because I know the truth as do many others who witnessed the weekend. Sign your name to your post if what you are saying is true.

Funny you say that about my team mates, them not wanting to bowl or share rooms with me, I was invited to share two different rooms on the weekend (which involved 5 ladies who made the team) and I have received support from every single one of them..... except the guilty parties. I did not make vicious comments about my team mates and they know I didn't, my post was defending them if you read it correctly, as I said I was not the only one who was victim to this unsportsmanlike behaviour and not the only one who found it troubling.
If Betty, Tina, Bernadette, Coral or Nerida approach me with any concerns about my behaviour on the lanes or express they do not wish to bowl or share rooms with me I will withdraw from the team immediately. I respect these people and know they respect and support me.

I am not going to even bother defending my bowling to the likes of you. I proved myself last year and at roll-offs this year, up until all the shit started, and the comments didn't get to me, I don't care what these kind of people say, I was just having doubts about whether or not I wanted to make the team and put up with their shit! Yes, there are tactics in this sport, but this has crossed the line. I went to Melbourne last year and know what nationals is like and my nickname was Ice because I coped with the pressure of competition. But even the bowlers from the other states behaved in a more sportsmanlike way, thank goodness for the most part Walter De Veer has been full of great people. Hopefully these people will band together and not tolerate bad sports.

-Without Prejudice-

I had quite a few people come up to me and tell me about this strange Walter DeVeer posting tonight.

It seems a shame that instead of celebrating the strength of our team, this is occuring on a live forum for other states to see.

Trust me, I certainly am not upset by any of the things stated, as I don't believe they are about me. However, after reading through the posts, although they don't seem to make sense, I do have concerns about some of the information that is coming forward and if it is aimed at me - then I feel you have left me no choice but to respond even though I wouldn't normally lower myself to respond to something like this.

Again, if this is aimed at me as it seems to be, I would hope the administrators of the site will look at your post because it is extremely close to slander with possible legal ramifications. But I will give a copy to my solicitor for review if necessary.

At first I didn't think you were discussing me because what you are describing in your first post doesn't sound like anything that I witnessed or was involved in, but your second post seems to be pointing in my direction by way of omitting my name as a team member and as someone you respect. If you aren't discussing me, then I apologise and my post is a waste of time, but I don't think I'm wrong.

This is all a little confusing, because you discuss the "offenders ' (plural) bagging out the entire team. I know that didn't happen as I was there with the majority of our team, so how could this happen? Yes, we certainly joked around amongst each other, but you seem to imply that some people were malicious in regards to their team mates. That certainly didn't happen when I was there.

There are a lot of other comments, that simply don't make sense in your second post.
I'm not sure what you are talking about when it comes to sharing rooms?
We only just made the team - I don't think that has even been discussed yet. And who cares how many people asked you to stay with them?

The only way I think I could have possibly upset you was that I participated in a conversation with you on Saturday night, (and I have an excellent memory), about you relaxing and not putting pressure on yourself so you would enjoy being part of the team more. Not look at outcomes, etc. If you took offence to that or didn't take it as the constructive feedback it was intended to be - I'm sorry, but it would be my expectation of a mature person to come and talk to me about it and not carry on as you have done so in this forum. And if that is the reason why you bowled poorly on Sunday, don't you think it would have made sense to discuss the issue prior to bowling Sunday so it didn't affect you and you get past it knowing there was no malice involved?
Please remember that I only joined in on this conversation with you after it was started by someone else Saturday night. Like that person, I didn't think there was any malice to it - just trying to understand why you stress so much whilst you are bowling.

We also discussed many other things, but I'm certainly not going to bring up what you said about other people. What happens on camp, stays on camp. Besides, this sort of posting only makes us look weaker as a side.

As for making fun of my team mates as you discuss in your first post - I know that certainly wasn't me, so once again I'm not sure if you are talking about me here. And if you impling that I did, then you are simply making up stories to fuel unnecessary drama. I do know that there were a few of us sitting around, having some drinks - enjoying ourselves, because believe me, I've also had my team come up to me to say how much they like me being a part of the team. I also know that I have gone out of my way to support you whilst you are bowling. I even congratulated you on making the team whilst you stomped past me and ignored me.

So again, I don't think this is about me? And if it is, I think you must have your wires crossed.

All I care about is winning at the National title. I believe that we have a strong team and that team is strong with you in it. Why would I want to antagonize you or this situation - that serves us no purpose.

As for some of your other comments, I was pretty much cemented already in the top 3, so it doesn't make sense if you are talking about me, that I got my spot by upsetting others - I didn't need to and I don't think that way. If you bowl better than me and get above me, good on you. - That's my attitude. What's yours?

Let’s just get back to bowling. I'll go back to being the happy person who loves bowling and if you want to be a part of that - I will encourage you to participate, but if this post is aimed at me - well, maybe you should come and talk to me about it. Then we can all move on as mature adults.

Tarnya Lowe.

I think this subject is over.... I made my point, am entitled to my opinion and I will not continue to explain and defend myself. ](*,) I only hope that that is the end of the behaviour, which was my desired result.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom