News Flash: Storm Stripped of titles and premiership points!!

Fitzy

Underpaid
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=1043558

FTA: NRL boss David Gallop has announced Melbourne Storm will be stripped of the 2007 and 2009 Premierships, the Minor Premierships of 2006-8 and of its 2010 competition points after confirming a series of salary cap breaches amounting to at least $1.7million over five years.

Interesting!!!

Now the Dragons have no challengers for '010!!

Go the Dragons!!

As much as I don't like either Manly or Parra, they should be awarded the Premierships the Melbourne Storm cheated them out of!!!

what about the teams the storm beat the week before the grand finals against parra and manly... thats why they cant award it to the grand final losers.... Melbourne should not have played any part of the semis in any year over that period.

Money means nothin..what about the old days, look at the canberra team.Daley,Meninga,Stuart,Belcher,Lazurus and the like imagine if there were salary caps then,they wouldn't have played together.17 men played a game and beat 17 other men who cares let the premierships stand..richest club wins!

Money means nothin..what about the old days, look at the canberra team.Daley,Meninga,Stuart,Belcher,Lazurus and the like imagine if there were salary caps then,they wouldn't have played together.17 men played a game and beat 17 other men who cares let the premierships stand..richest club wins!

I see your point. But rules are rules. Every other club has to follow them. If it was like the old days, cashed up clubs like Melbourne, Brisbane, Bulldogs and the Titans could buy premierships almost every year!!

The salary cap is there for a reason, they knew that and they cheated it systematically. They should and have paid the ultimate price. This will go deeper than the comps and money they have lost. Sponsors and fans will not support this. More will follow.

Oh and the Roosters Adam, they are the second richest club in the league behind the Broncs... Then there are the other 3 QLD teams and the Bulldogs and Souths... Just about every other team after that is struggling for money

Should be a great time for Storm players to even out grudges against other players... no points on offer so who cares if you get susspended for breaking the nose of someone you've hated for years :D

thats the spirit realm... lol

seriously they have an obligation to their fans to show up and start again for next year.

if the board is responsible then so be it, those who made the mistake will pay for it. Hopefully the players especially the innocent ones dont feel the pain too much. Sure they got paid (some of them) more than enough but would you take it or walk?

A few of their players (Smith, Inglis, Finch, Cronk, etc) still have to continue to prove themselves if they want to be picked for Origin this year. There is plenty to play for from an individual perspective if nothing else.

If I were a Storm player, I wouldn't bother showing up for the games.....

Is someone forgetting about Origin football or even Representing their Country...

This hits harder than just at the Club level...

I think this throws a spanner in many a level of the game...

Not often do I agree with Gus ... but ... he made a valid point on MMM this morning.

Do you think they deserve to be penalised for the rest of the season??

Yes, all points so far to be stripped, but allow the storm to PROVE they have remedied their breaches and gotten themselves below the cap (could take months, maybe) but as soon as they have, allow them to retain any subsequent points.

This situation has the potential to hurt all clubs and supporters. Getting the storm back into the action sooner, rather than later, would be better for all I believe.

My $0.05

Fitzy

I agree with you totally as not allowing any points for the whole season is too harsh a penalty to pay. THey are already behind the 8 ball now they have lost all their current points so let them keep any points they acquire from now on.

One must not forget that until everything is known their are most probably a lot of innocent players and more importantly fans that are suffering for the sins of a few.

There no playing for points this year is cause that was included in the last 5 years so that's the reason there playing for no points this year. Let's see how many players they will lose to the Melbourne Rebel's or other clubs in the NRL.

Should maybe check every club just to sure every team is with in the Salary Cap

i am just interested to see how many marquee players go running to england next year

this could be the death of the nrl

The reason there aren't playing for points this year is because they are $700,000 over the cap for 2010.

What do u want the nrl to do allow them to play for points make the semi's win another comp ????? what sort of message would that send to the other teams.

if they field the best possible team for all home matches and put up a strong showing, that will help retain members. Most feeling out there is members feel cheated by the admin and feel gutted for the players. IF the storm finish the year showing supporters they still have passion and can get under the salary cap for next year, I think they'll hit record membership numbers for 2011.

Back
Top Bottom