atx106

Hey all, I joined this forum in the hope of gaining tips and tricks and other knowledge of the sport I love. I'm turning 16 in June and bowling at AMF North Strathfield in their NRL league with my dad and a teammate but would like to start looking at tournaments. I have only been bowling competitively in 2007 and 2008, and of course this year, but have enjoyed the sport from an early age at the old AMF Enfield Bowl (now Strathfield Superbowl) and Bowl Australia at the old Top Ryde Shopping Centre. I know I am young but please give me a fair go as I believe I know a fair amount about the greatest sport in the world and want to know more to help me finally break 200 and become an excellent bowler. Cheers.

Welcome aboard ATX, it's great to see young folks that like to bowl. And don't let the age thing intimidate you, I'm 49 and only been bowling for 2 1/2 years, so you probably have more experience than I do. I would offer 1 tip though, don't sweat the 200, the more you sweat it the harder it is to make, just relax and have fun bowling. I believe that you will probably find that the highest games you bowl are the easiest games you bowl, at least thats the way it works for me. Once again welcome and looking forward to hearing more from you.

Thanks mate, just acquired a second hand but good condition Brunswick Zone Red Alert Plus and had it drilled fingertip so I'm hoping the (to me) new style and reactive ball will hopefully get me that much closer to the double century, bowled a 162 the other day (closed the front 6 which is an achievement for me) just before I bought the Red Alert so I'm hoping my results improve when I bowl league tomorrow night. Cheers.

Just thought I'd take the courtesy to follow up my post above by saying I rolled a 185 game with a 436 3-game pinfall last night, both personal bests, so I'm waiting for that double century to come soon. If I hadn't left big four on the second ball of the 10th who knows...

Don't worry ATX, that 200 will get here before you know it. And congrats on the 185, that's only one strike away, good score. You said you are working on a new style, if that's so then to bowl a 185 is a great start. I just recently changed my style, and I finally bowled my first 200, since changing about six weeks ago. A little advise that might help- think of each frame as a game all of it self, in other words don't worry about what you did the frame before. I know people who would have a 120 in the seventh frame, and would think they had no chance at breaking 200, wrong, wrong ,wrong, there's a posable 210, and that's with an open in the 7th, so never count yourself out. Hang in there ATX you'll make it.

thanks, heading to the lanes in about an hour to get a couple of games practice then got league tomorrow, i really feel at least a 500 series in the near future. as for your tip, i will certainly start thinking that way, it may just be the edge i need.

Back
Top Bottom