national trianing squad

bfcc

hi all, i have a few question about the national trianing squad. i hope some of the members of the nts can answer-
what does the nts do for you?
is there any trianing for you?
do they(the head coach) stay in contact with you through out the year to find out if you need help.

i think if we are going to have a national training squad it should include some sort of trianing or help for the people in the squad.
i now that with people all over the country this is hard but couldn't we have someone in each state help the members of the nts in that state.
the members of the nts should have to keep a record of what tournaments they have bowled, what leagues they bowl in, what practise they do, what fitness work they do, there should be a state coach that the members can call and ask for help if they need it.
if we are going to have national training squad lets do it the right way or change the name of it to the national selection squad.

......is that a cricket I can hear???????????
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_confused.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bfcc:
hi all, i have a few question about the national trianing squad. i hope some of the members of the nts can answer-
do they(the head coach) stay in contact with you through out the year to find out if you need help.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The NTS does not do much except if trialling for rep teams, give u a second chance at making those teams.

There is no squad training, never has been (apart from one held in Canberra a fair few years back), although with the adult FIQ teams this year there is talk about having a training day or two a couple of days b4 the trip.

And no the head coach does not stay in contact with you at all, nor do any of the team coaches. Even when overseas do they rarely make an attempt at some form of coaching. Their idea of motivation is to tell team memebers they are disgraces to their country if they have a bad performance which for the sake of the youth team this year, I hope they dont have to experience. However a mention should go to Cheryl as in my two trips away she has been the only one who has discussed any sensible bowling options whilst being away and she was the ladies/girls coach.

Basically any sort of training leading up to these events is left to the individual bowler to worry about.

Michael

Re National Squad

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR> hi all, i have a few question about the national trianing squad. i hope some of the members of the nts can answer-
do they(the head coach) stay in contact with you through out the year to find out if you need help. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

After many trips away I can honestly say Cheryl Munson contacted us before our trips away to check on our progress and she was a great help overseas even if we didnt need any from a coaching point of view. Her and Lorraine were always there to support the team. Unlike the last years team coaches who from what I have heard from that trip left a lot to be desired going on from what I have been told.

The NTS doesnt mean a whole lot except that you know you have a chance of being selected. There is usually no training involved but hopefully this looks to be turning around with a proposed training camp.

Jeff maybe you should be asking those in charge this question, after all they should be able to reply with a much more informative response.
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif
icon_razz.gif

thanks amanda and mick , i was hoping someone higher up might have answered the question but no luck yet.the piont i was trying to make was if there is no training given to the membetrs of the nts stop calling it a national trianing squad and call it the national selection squad.

FYI, the School Age teams had a training camp immediately prior to their successful tournament (2 gold, 3 silver & 2 bronze) in Melbourne.

There's a training camp for the adult team in Brisbane from Monday 24th June before they travel to Hong Kong on th 28th.

The Youth team will have a training camp in Sydney from Saturday 28th July before they travel to Thailand on 3rd August.

hi pedro thanks for the info it is great to see the team members getting that sort of help before going overseas.this is the right thing to do but it is only after you make the team that the training camps happen.
another question for the people in the national training squad - for all the people that missed selection, have any of you been told why you missed ? or been told what you need to work on over the next year so you can improve your chances of making the next year's team , has anyone who missed even thought about asking why or what do i need to do to make it next year ?

Wasn't told, asked.

I'm curious to know why my rejection letter went to my parents address instead of my own address as stated on the application form I sent in...?

Hi

I asked for the seleciton criteria after the Ladies Selection trial which i received along with what aspects of my game I need to improve on for next year.

I feel the criteria should be well published prior to any selection event so it can't be "made up" to suit the moment, if you get what I mean!

Sorry, I am still bitter about this topic!

Jo

I havent asked as to why my application was rejected but on the letter I received it said that my tournament results werent high enough, or something to that effect. I would like to know what I need to improve though as some members of the training squad finished lower than myself in the points system, yet they still made the squad??

Maybe in the letter you get from TBA stating if you made it or not they should include some feedback about your game adnd tournament performances so that you can improve those skills for next time.

Thats how I look at it anyway.

I also agree with Jo, the selection criteria should be clearly stated on any entry form or application form where a selection process is to be applied.

I dont know why they just dont call it the National Squad. Just because you are in the squad doesnt mean you are assured of a berth, just means u are in the squad that the team gets chosen from.
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif
icon_cool.gif

Back
Top Bottom