My trick shot on the front page of 900global

COACH michael kearney?
well I guess if someone wants to know how to best use a 6 pounder or remote contol ball......but seriously....

there is a joke behind it wayne when i went to the world cup i went as georges "coach".
I was never his coach he just put that down on the entry form.
I only showed up to the bowl to watch george once the rest of the time i was drunk or at the bowl drinking with the global900 guys and they thought I was his coach so they all called me coach as a joke. maybe knowing the facts before posting would be good :)

Out of all the coaches I've had over the years coach Michael has been the most knowledgeable and helpful. He has introduced some new coaching techniques to bowling, whilst not orthodox are still in their own right effective. They are

* Implementation of the 'Corona Diet'
* How to sleep on a keyboard for that perfect sleep and rest prior to a big day of bowling
* How to pour a Mexican Long Island Ice tea
* Why it is important for the coach not to be at the bowl whilst the athlete is bowling (in order to keep his concentration at the game at hand)
* How pick up other coaches on your shoulder for strength building exercises
* How to dance after finishing a bottle of tequila

Finally, how to write yourself off after the event in order to sleep better for the trip home.

Thanks Coach, lets hope I can get to Malaysia in Nov for the AMF World Cup Episode 2

Sounds eerily familiar... I put Garry Howie down as Coach in Beijing and Shane Woods as Team Physician! (Well, he is a Doctor!)

Garry's number one coaching advice... "Pull your finger out!"

I still remember their helpful consolation when I got back to the suite after an appalling day one qualifying. I crashed on the bed utterly disgusted. When I could not be cajoled, they casually threw disposable razors at me saying "Is this what you need??!!"

I woke up to myself and discovered the joys of Beijing Beer with some ex-pat journalists soon after.

Back
Top Bottom