MS Excel 2000 help

Rat420

x_"+He Hi+m4n"_X
Hi guys, i have just decided to make up a table regarding my hours at work, and have been contracted a set amount of hours, lets just say 15 as a random number. Now i have been told i earn say 10 dollars an hour for the first 15 hours then anything over that (upto 38) is at 13 dollars an hour, now i was wondering if there was any way to add up this ammount in MS Excell in one cell

now i have my rate of pay worked out in another cell

Basically im trying to ask it to calculate:
if hours are between 1-15 calculate at this rate (contract rate defined in another cell) then anything between 16-38 to be calculated at this rate ( standard rate defined in another cell)

If anyone can understand what im trying to say or is willing to help me please post, or pm me,

thanks guys
richard
:surrender:

Pretty sure you can just us a combination of the "IF" and "LOOKUP" functions, check in the help [F1] about the syntax to be used.
I would have a go at doing it myself but I am at work and you would not learn anything that way.
Good Luck

ok.....

Try pasting or typing this into your formula bar in the cell that you use to calculate your wages - changing the A3 and the amounts to the right ones. A3 should be the field that the hours worked is in. The other amounts are as stated above. If it works you should then be able to copy the formula down the column.

=IF(A3>15,(((A3-15)*13)+(15*10)),A3*10)

I think it will work.

Hope it helps

Why would you want to do it on one cell? Seems to me you are unnecessarily complicating the issue.

Edit: I would do a 3x3 table. A * B = C, X * Y = Z, C + Z = whatever. This way you can change the figues easily without editing formulae each week.

Back
Top Bottom