MACKAY OPEN 2009

Shadows Fall

Prince of Darkness
Well the tournament is over for this year and what a great tournament it was. There was some really great bowling, it was well run and organised, got to catch up with friends and meet some new people.

1. Congratulations to Brandon on his great bowling, continuing his domination of NQ events. Not only is he an amazing bowler, but also an amazing ambassador for our sport and a really good guy.

2. Carl Bottomley and Mark Lawnton - both guys also bowled really well with the result in the balance right to the last game. Great bowling and well done.

3. Jessica Starkey for taking out the ladies division, with a hard fought win over Marissa Schulze. Both girls bowled really well.

4. Brendan Meades on his 300 - On a pattern that many predicted a lot of 300's would be bowled he was the only one.

5. To Melissa Dunn on her amazing job as tournament director and organiser. She did an absolutely amazing job, and considering she did it on one leg was even more incredible. The tournament ran really well, and you should be really proud of yourself 'Liss. 3 x Full squads is a testiment to how well you did.

6. All the Mackay Bowl staff and tournament assistants, thanks for all your help.

7. To Paul Trotter, Paul Robinson, Darren Bianchi and the other guys who travelled from Victoria and other far away places, it was great to have you come and bowl and suppport one of our local tournaments and hopefully we will see you again (For those who were unaware Paul Trotter currently holds the 3 game series record for an Australian with 896 (298, 298, 300)

8. Brandon Qualischefski, Carl Bottomley, Jason Walsh, George Frilingos and Paul Trotter are some of the best bowlers in the country, so for them to attend the tournament and have the opportunity to bowl against them is really great (especially as I beat Carl in matchplay for the 2nd time in 23 years :D :D) and is a big plus for tournament bowling in NQ.

I'm sure 2010 will be bigger and better, and I know that I will definately be there.

Cheers

Steve :D

I'll try to get there next yr, after Innisfail i wanna be the 'mayor' of up North!!:D

Gret post Steve and couldn't agree more with the way the event is run and the way we are all made to feel so welcome.

Congrats to Brando again. He has that amazing ability to always get himself over the line so wonderful effort.

I'd really like to thank Melissa for all her help and assistance. Nothing was to much trouble and that is what makes us all appreciate and enjoy the bowling and event.

I know I'll definately be back but I'm not sure how it is going to be bigger and better than this year after having a full field and so proofessionally run, but I'm looking forward to seeing how.

Now I'm not much for politics but I must say that I am baffled by the fact that TBA could possibly look at withdrawing the rankings from this event when you consider both the quality of the field and the support it generates. And this goes for all the events in North Queensland.

I appreciate that not many chase or really care about the points but how can bowling present itself to the wider community without an accurate assessment of our top players and then removing rankings points from succesful events while allowing an event with 20 to 30 competitors to retain its ranking points.

Mind baffling.

Still Mackay you may stand very proud and I'm sure we are all very appreciative. Thankyou.

Congrats Melissa & Mackay Bowl, great weekend as always. Friday Night squad next year perhaps?

Commisserations to the Wide-screen Teletubby (Otty) for the 'wardrobe malfunction', Brando awesome as usual, and well done to Jess for her win in the Ladies division. Looking forward to next year!

Well just got home from Mackay!Yep it's Monday! Great event!
I just wanted to let all the banana benders know how I personally appreciate the welcome we were given. Had a great time bowling the event and will be back next year.
Also would like thank whoever suggested last night to go to the bar 'SAILS'. If anyone ever stays Sunday night in Mackay, do yourself a favour and head down to the harbour, well worth it!
Congrats to Brando and thanks for a great night out for dinner and drinks. Plenty of laughs!
Great weekend!
Darren:drunk:

Theres a few events up here youl love, Cairns, Innisfail, Ayr and others. Try them all!! Nothin better than leaving the cold behind for a while

Adrian, if you don't like the weather in Melbourne, just wait 5 minutes.
Thanks to all the people at Mackay Leisure Centre, well run event and see you next year, hopefully. I enjoyed the bowling, the locals were great, and Sails on Sunday night was good too. (even though l was with Krusty) Cheers, Paul.

Back
Top Bottom