long sports oil

double_d

as i am getting back into this sport
i will be looking for new balls for different oilings
so i can compete in sports series and the like

my first question is for anyone that bowled at caboolture world cup tourny
or anyone that could tell me i spose
what ball and what drilling did anyone have and use on the long oil that actually turned and accelerated into the pins
or any suggestions i spose for someone that bowls up the boards

thanks in advance

daniel d

In the last sports series at Caboolture I used a Storm Vertigo and it's an excellent ball for long oil. No need to alter the surface just straight out of the box.

The last sports series at Caboolture on 50 feet I used a Visionary Solid Centaur, with the surface taken down with a grey pad (by hand). I also witnessed Pilko, Jase, and Carl use the blue particle and the Granite Gargoyle. Both looked suited to the 50 foot condition.

I'd recommend the Storm Agent line of balls for strokers on long sports patterns. The ultra low RG core design gives strongish, predictable motion in the wet stuff. It'll keep you out of trouble better than something more flippy. (Beware of big backend reaction on these patterns.)

If you want an arc shaped motion, go for a Storm Double Agent. The particle cover has real teeth, but the core smooths it out nicely. This ball also goes well polished up for medium shots or house patterns.

If you want stronger motion off the oil, consider a Storm Special Agent. Gives you a particle type finish, with a bit more punch.

As for drilling, without seeing you bowl, a 4x4 is fairly safe, with the pin in the grip towards the fingers, say, 1" above the grip centre line.

Cheers,
Jason

Last week Daniel I used the Storm Domination on the long oil. I believe the Double Agent would of been an excellent ball to use on that condition. But the domination did allow me to win all my games on the long.

Shayne

Back
Top Bottom