LEGENDS TO CLOSE

L

Legends

Legends Tenpin will cease trading Midnight 12th September, 2003.

Subsequent to the sale of the Premises in 2002 plans for the future development of the site is underway.

Legends has unfortunately been unable to secure a suitable site on which to relocate the Centre and continue operations.

I would personally like to thank my staff for thier dedication and hard work over the last 5 years I have been with Legends.

As a team we have achieved many things you all should be proud of.

To our League Bowlers we extend our gratitude for your loyalty, support and for the fun times you brought with you to our Centre. We hope you have enjoyed your time with Legends as much we have.

We are hopeful of negotiating the sale of the equipment to a third party that would like to see a new Centre in the Northern Gold Coast Area as it is most certainly needed.

Again I thank everyone for thier support and I look forward to seeing you around in the Tenpin Bowling World.

Ricky Cox

in my 16 years as a technician, i have never worked in a centre that went out of their way to cater for bowling, like legends did.

they hosted all events with success, had good development programs in place, great pro shop service and turnover.

as much as bowlers are a hard bunch to please at times, i think everyone would agree that legends had definately served a purpose in lifting the bar for tenpin bowling in the south east queensland region and for that the sport can only be better.

its always sad to see a centre shut, but hopefully a sale of machinery can bring new life to what will be another exciting chapter in our sport.

to ricky and staff well done to your contributions to the sport over the years, and look forward to seeing you, in your new ventures

It's such a great loss to see one of what I would call Aussie's best ever bowling centres to come to a close. I hate to see any centre come to a close really, but is truly a great and terrible loss in the bowling community.

I admit I've only been there a few times, but from those few times, I have always had a wonderful time, top-grade staff, and was just a really popular place to bowl.

This is a very sad day in the day of bowling.

Jason

I am greatly saddened to hear this. I was there in April and once again was very impressed with the lanes, the centre, and the friendliness of the staff.

One thing that I am wondering over though is the Gold Coast Junior Championships...I am 99% sure they were being held there as I myself am bowling in them. What is going to happen to them will they be relocated? If so, where to?

I would like to thank Ricky and all the staff of Legends Tenpin for the years of wonderful service, I will never forget my experiences at this centre, even if I was not there very often.

I have spoken to Julie and she is at the moment with her committee trying to organise an alternative.
She will post this information as soon as she knows.

Thankyou

Ricky

Legend has it that the Phoenix rises from the Ashes........ though there are no ashes to speak of in this case, we are hopeful that this "Legend" will indeed rise to live another day, albeit in another location. :)

The few times that we have been to Legends have been enjoyable, and we would like to echo the sentiment made by others with regard to the service provided by Ricky and his staff.

Good luck to you all. :wink:

Broni & Jagga

Ricky and Staff

It hurts me to see a bowling centre close in Australia no matter what the reason. Ricky, you and your staff displayed service most other bowling centres would only dream of.

I personally would like to thank you for the assistance and support you have given me through the years both on and off the lanes. I wish you and your staff the best in your future endeavours and can only hope that one day in the future we get to bowl somewhere that you once again run.

Best wishes

George

I mourn the loss of an 'old friend' - there have been many wonderful times over the years with memories of sitting upstairs in the bar overlooking the Spit at Southport - a few ales, a piano player (name of Tony Rodrick) and great laughs. Rick has been a great supporter of the Twin Tour and the many events that have been run at Legends.

To Rick, his staff and the bowlers - ENJOY the future !!! and make sure any input you may have in a new centre includes a great bar and bistro - state of the art computers etc. but most of all - your friendly and co-operative staff! Good luck!

FLOWER

I first bowled at Legends ( when it was still named Paradise Lanes) during a holiday in Australia in February of 1994. I couldn't get over the great location of this bowl. Practically right on the water..No wonder they named it Paradise!
As I recall every shot I threw went into the pocket. Unfortuately for me..that included every spare shot as well. LOL!

Fast forward to March of 2003..I now live in Australia, and I once again paid a vist to this great tenpin venue with my family. My two year old daughter Carly bowled her first game ever..a 47!
Ricky and staff were as friendly as can be..and made this a very memorable day in our lives.

It's a shame that a new location couldn't be found..I know Legends will be sorely missed by all who bowled there and thousands of new potential bowlers will never get to experience the thrill of that first strike. They'll never have the pleasure of chatting with Ricky Cox or any of the fantastic staff from Legends.

Ricky..if there is anything I can ever do for you..please don't hesitate to ask... I'd love to come work for you if..NO, make that WHEN you take control of a new centre.

Wayne Chester

hey i jstu re-read what i sed and i was metn to say ... wahts going to happen to the leagues money adn staff *** sorry :( i type quicker then i think

I wouldn't worry too much about the League pay outs at Legends.
Both the Centre Management and the Association are totally professional at Legends, and they will do the right thing.

Back
Top Bottom