Launceston Masters

Cricky

Manila 2009
Congratulations to Hayden George and Kassey Fechner for their wins in the Launceston Masters today.

Hayden took an early lead with a 279 in game 2 and was never headed to defeat defending champion Matthew Dickson by 110 pins with a very nice 234 average. Kassey put in a solid performance to average 198 and win by 152 pins from Jane Gibbons.

Congratulations also to Clint Brown & Caroline Howard (who were both bowling in their first tournament) on their victories in the Restricted Masters final.

Attachments

• 202 LTBA Masters.jpeg
    202 LTBA Masters.jpeg
    298.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 2012 LTBA Restricted Masters.jpeg
    2012 LTBA Restricted Masters.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 33
Good to see Gus still remembers how to throw the ball. Nice work.

Congrats to the winners.

Bruv, it's not a new thing with the lack of women down here. We have been in the same situation the past few years unfortunately. Bec Walker and Jane have been supporting the local tournaments this year, but we have also lost Annie, Jackie and Deb recently due to family commitments or the like. Considering we had one female Rachuig entry, three for a local Masters isn't all that bad... lol ;)

Just want to thank all the restricted bowlers that supported our event over the weekend too. It was a huge field of entries and, as a result, for the first time in my memory we were able to pay down to the entire field in the men's final and down to 4th (from memory) in the women's field. It was great to see the new bowlers getting involved and I hope everyone enjoyed the event. Congratulations to Clint and Caroline on their wins too, I am sure it won't be the last for either of you.

Back
Top Bottom