K&K - How tournaments should be run

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
I know I've said this before but K&K sets the benchmark for how tournaments to need to be run in Australia to ensure its longivity in the future. The tournament committee had things down to a tee and apart from the last squad finishing late on Saturday, the weekend was near perfect.

The atmosphere (rarely used in bowling terms in Australia) was great all through out the weekend with hundreds of people crammed into the bowling watching the finals (and some nail biting finishes).

The streamers, the personalised entry forms, the 'goody bag' upon registration, live scoring inside the bowl (including regular 2 game updates), the balloons, the friendly bowl staff, the organised tournament committee, it all adds up.

I would also like to thank Graham and Cheryl Spicer for continued support for Queensland Bowling. The hours they clocked up at the bowl preparing for this event was huge. Thank you for your kind sponsorship, without it we wouldnt have a tournament.

I would like to congratulate all the people involved in promoting, hosting and running the tournament. Well done guys!

PS D Squad for 2007 K&K is almost full :D

Well said George and I agree with every word it is a pleasure to bowl in the event and it is still my favorite state to bowl in. It's probably why I always wanted to live here, and now enjoy it so much.

I'll have the first squad Saturday morning.

I couldn't have said it better myself George!!

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in running the K & K on the weekend. The staff at the bowl where wonderful, the tournament committee couldn't have done a better job and to all the bowlers who participated...it was great!! A really big thank you to the sponsors, Graham and Cheryl Spicer (Clean up with K & K), without your fantastic support, we wouldn't have had such a great tournament.

We will certainly be back next year (our names are already in C squad!!).

Thank you to everyone involved.

Kyles & Lacky

as someone who bowled in the last squad, that finished at 1:40 AM on Sunday morning, l have a few questions. And am not worried if people bite my head off.

Why did the 1st squad of the day start late, as this resulted in all squads for the day running late. ( I was not thier to witness the late start but bowlers who l know that bowled in the 1st sqaud advised it started late)

Overall the last squad started just after 7:30, and to bowl 12 games in 6 hours to me is a long time, even with 4 bowlers per pair.

I feel it could have been speed up with a couple of little things.

Allowing the lanes that had all bowlers on them to start straight away, and not once the 200 games had been announced. As an example on pair in the 2nd last block had a couple of breakdown and we all waited around for 10 mins for the problem to be fixed, and then another 5 or so mins for the 200 game announcements. (this 5 mins for the announcements over 6 blocks adds upto over 30 mins at the end of the day)

Ensuring that the staff behind the lanes were watching, and able to fix the problems, encountered and not required to get someone else to correct. I know for a fact that we had a problem in the last block of the night on our pair, in which the scoring was not always working and had to keep getting assistance to correct and this created a longer a time span.

The good things as George mentioned, the goodie bags, the sponsors for supporting the events, the individual scoresheets set out for you, the live in-house scoring, all these things make for a great event.

Could I have the same squad that I bowled in this year for 2007 K&K.
Great tournament
Thanks heaps
Steve Lovell

Yeah and Sam Nucifora Jnr and Dinesh Singham for the same squad as trhis year please. Also a very well run tourny congrats guys.

As a first time spectator at the K&K it did appear to run very smoothly. As a long-time events organiser I know this is only achieved through hard work and making sure that you don't throw the baby out with the bath water! So the post tournament analysis will look at a few changes for next year no doubt but well done. The personal touches you have created are very welcoming. I feel confident that a number of bowlers in the last squad would like a D squad option next year, including Matt Wormald from Grafton.

Many thanks and hope you are all recovered from an outstanding event!

Janey

Back
Top Bottom