Jeremy Hill - 2013 ARI Open Masters Champion

Yes, Well done Jeremy, he bowled superbly. Came out of the blocks shooting a 266 and 278 game to say hello I'm here! :) Just solid all day, a deserved winner, beating Victorian Ian Strahn.
Congrats also to the Handicap Masters winner, Victorian Courtney Stace. Beating off Bob Leis also from Victoria.

I'm not the one to explain "what" the tournament is about, and probably the guys from Bathurst will explain better but I can say

**The Railways competition has been going since the mid 70's, with bowlers, who most have or used to work with the Railways come from Vic, NSW and QLD each year to have their Team Challenge (4 person teams), 3 teams from each State (12 teams in all), they bowl over 3 days winning points to determine the Champion Team. Think of Rachuig or President Shield and that gives you a bit of an idea of what the comps like. Plenty of support, camardarie and "stirring" and just great fun and competitive spirit. Not to mention some great bowling.
High Game of the tournament went to Bruce Doig with a 287 game. Well Done to the Vics for winning the Teams event.
The Masters culminates what is a terrific week. And on the Friday night (just last night!) they have the Presentation Dinner. Great fun and the Chunder Awards are histerical.
I was priviledged to have been the host Centre Mentone for this Tournament.
WELL Bowled to everyone and well done to the Tournament committee.
Regards
Warren

Back
Top Bottom