Jason Belmonte - Columbia or Storm

melboleo

Melboleo
Hey guys,

I really would like clarification, if anyone knows.

I thought that Columbia signed up Jason and I do recall reading about it in Columbia's website.

How come he is wearing a Storm shirt and I presume throwing a Storm ball. I have attached a picture of Jason where he finished 2nd in the ABF-Tour stop in Kuwait.

Your thoughts guys?

leo

Attachments

• final_match.jpeg
    final_match.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 127
belmo went back to storm maybe two months ago.. he was using columbia at the start of the year but.. hope that helps..

luke green

If you remember ebonite purchased columbia a little while ago, ebonite canned all columbia and others contracts in australia that I know off, and storm decided to resign Jason.

And who ever has signed Jase as a winning gold mine as he is MAN to beat anywhere in the world and he must be a big favourite in US in week or so's time.

Leo,
From what i've heard when ebonite took over columbia300 they would offer him the same contract or something and storm offered him the same 1 he had year or close to the same deal. it's kind of right but maybe a few of his other friends might know more.

Columbias' acquisition of several higher profile bowlers and several ball companies were all simply to boost its sell value to Ebonite. As Ebonite is rumoured to only pay touring professionals, and not the ametuer bowlers worldwide, it was only a matter of time before the high profilers resigned in search for a higher payrate.

MANY were simply sacked due to them not being all that big a deal in the *scheme* of things. I have limited knowlege of who was sacked over here and who simply resigned due to no money offered, (I know one man that can help with that question ;)) but its easy to see that Storm jumped at the opportunity to rebuy the highest profile ameteur bowler around :D

As a little bit of trivia, Ebonite also Dumped and Destroyed $US2,000,000+ of C300 and Track balls that were in stock in the warehouse. Rumour has it 2 ways, either not up to Ebonites strict quality control standards, (Cracking and the like) OR Ebonite didn't want to allow its own 'competition' (c300 poured balls) to reduce its ball sales expected to be released in JULY in conjunction with Bowl Expo.
Which story you believe is entirely up to you :)

Depends which side of the bed he wakes up as to what brand of ball he is going to use that day.:D

Then again, I heard a rumor that Nike was looking into making bowling gear so they could sign Belmo up...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I believe the 2nd story of course. They didnt want the Phoenix and 10 beating their own stuff up!!!!

but its easy to see that Storm jumped at the opportunity to rebuy the highest profile ameteur bowler around :D
If Belmo is AMATEUR, what do you have to do to become a pro?

I agree, it was a wise decision by our champ. Hope the Nike story is true too. He deserves every success. :bullrider:

id go with the ball sales.. they woudnt like columbia and tracks new stuff beating there new stuff

I agree, it was a wise decision by our champ. Hope the Nike story is true too. He deserves every success. :bullrider:

go on tour trials make the exempt list.. and then he would be a pro

WTBA rules define a pro bowler as someone who says he/she is a pro bowler or is a member of an organization for pro bowlers. Hopefully, WTBA will get rid of this rule at its next congress.

Back
Top Bottom