Is it only Cairns

ug throw rock

Rock Chucker
Sometimes it makes you wonder if the problems in one centre are indemick to all or are we just the unlucky ones. On Sunday 13/3 during one squad rolling off for the Cairns city championships a rather interesting event took place. Whilst the restricted masters were being held on lane 9---20 and a big congratulations goes to Tina Leonardi with a good solid win, the other lanes were left for championship squads (wrong) .Between the 9.00am squad and the 11.00 am squads these lanes were open to SOCIAL bowlers ,including a birthday party of plenty....One staff member was asked if the lanes would be conditioned before the next squad and the approaches cleaned (not that there was anything wrong with the approaches , only the usual red cordial ,sticky substances , sand and grit, and the odd bit of metal shavings that more than one bowler had to remove from the sole of those inexpensive personally owned shoes , I wonder where all that metal came from ????)

This staff member then replied NO!!! I've spoken with the technician and he says they will be fine ( for an afghanistan polo match maybe!) another person also asked same or very similar question and recieved a definate NO also. The tournament staff the enquired if the conditions and approaches would be freshened up to match the rest of the centre ? yep you guessed it NO !!! Needless to say the scores of all reflected the utter unamusement of the bowlers affected by the (roflmao) challenging conditions. after bowling 3 games on these lanes the new (white ) slide pad i put on my shoe looked like Ernie Dingo's elbow (this leaves no doubt as to who i am) needless to say the approaches were somewhat difficult (whoever said bowling wasn't an extreme sport,...just wait till I walk into the centre next week) Due to the fact that my mental game wasn't quite up to the conditions I left feeling that I had turned up somewhat unprepared (think I needed a 7 iron and a pitching wedge) however the management listened to the many and varied complaints and I am sure they will try to rectify them for the next championships...

Hey Ex Bowler,

Is this a case of another cry baby bowler having a whinge, or maybe just maybe I was right and certain bowling centres don't give a toss about tournament bowlers.

I am still very interested to find out who you are, and feel that your excuse for not posting your identity was very lame indeed. :cry: :cry:

At least send me a private message so that I know who thinks so little of me.

Steve

PS Yes I am an extremely bitter and twisted person. :twisted: :twisted:

Not sure who ex bowler is ...

Hey Steve if that reply was meant for me perhaps we should get together at some stage and discuss exactly who I am and the reason for my post. My post was written to bring to the fore some of the poor treatment bowlers get from (only some) staff in centres who forget that the league or tournament bowler is usually the one that ensures their employment. As for issues you have with Ex bowler (anyone got any ideas who it is ?) that is something you should take up in a forum set up for flaming...I have no doubt that anyone from Cairns and most from Kirwin and all from Burdiken will know who I am. By the way Angelo the Sheer havoc was the only thing that let me bowl a half decent series...

Hey Maverick,

Mate I know exactly who you are, and that reply was in no way shape or form directed at you, and I totally 110% agree with everything you said in both your posts.

My reply was directed squarely at Ex-Bowler as when posting similar complaints after Rachuig roll-off (strangely also in Cairns), I was labelled as a whinger and a cry baby by some half wit who isn't even brave enough to identify themselves.

I guess your post really backed up what I had posted earlier, and I was trying to get Ex-Bowler to make some further ill-informed comments.

But you're right I do have issues :D :D :D :D

Mate keep up the good work, and keep the buggers honest :D :D

Cheers

Steve :D :D

Hey Funky... is the heat finally getting to the guys way up north?

Sounds like it was lots of fun. :lol:

PS: Sorry for snubbing you at Salamanca Place when you were here..... just couldn't belive it was you..... haha

Back
Top Bottom