Interested Centers

cindyd

cindyd
Hi its Cindy Donnelly from Garden City Lanes Toowoomba i would like to hear from 9 other bowling centers in QLD who might be interested in taking part in a new competition i would like to hold next year. If anyone is interested PM me for more info.
Thanks Cindy.

What are the dates you are going to try and hold these tournments on.
As i know it was hard enough to get dates for the wide bay.
if the dates are there maryborough would be interested but i dont see where the dates are going to come from.

Im sorry I thought its was another 9 tournments for the year, but one day for the whole nine centers. Send me the details would love to see them.

Hi All,

Sorry it has taken me a while to get back with some information, here is an idea of what it would be. We are currently looking at holding the event on the May Day long weekend (a 3 day weekend is needed). The tournament will be open to a total of 8 centres each entering one male team and one female team to consist of a minimum of 5 persons and maximum of 7.

This tournament is open to all age groups. It will incorporate both scratch and handicap points, 1 point awarded scratch & 1 handicap per bowler & 2 per scratch & 2 per handicap overall, total of 14 points per game. The idea so far is for all 8 teams male and all 8 teams female to play each centre twice. For a bonus and more exciting twist there will be a total of 3 mega matches played over the duration of the weekend where all teams (in each division) play every team at once (1st bowler plays all 1st bowlers, 2nd plays all 2nd bowlers and so on). The points are then given from 8 to 1 depending on score scratch and the same for handicap. Total of 16 points up for grabs per bowler and for team totals.

Schedule would be to bowl:
Saturday - 5 scheduled matches and 1 mega match
Sunday - 5 scheduled matches and 1 mega match
Monday - 4 scheduled matches and 1 mega match
17 games in total

Cost per centre would be $1200 ($600 for male team, $600 for female team) - if the centre only sends 10 bowlers it'd be $120 per person, if the centre sends 14 bowlers it would be $85.72 per person.

Trophies & awards will be presented for a large number of things - nearly 140 trophies or plaques in total. With prizemoney up for grabs for 1st, 2nd & 3rd placed combined teams winners.

The idea behind this tournament was for 8 centres to come together and send away a team to represent them. The tournament would then travel around amongst those 8 centres, each year being decided at the dinner of each event.

Its a fantastic way for all bowlers regardless of average to come together and play in a team event though still having a chance to claim some prize money and win awards.

A couple of centres have already been in touch with me and shown interest in the event so please remember there is only a total of 8 places available (well only 7 as Garden City Lanes will be hosting the first event), so contact me on (07) 46 329 755 or PM me on here. An entry form and schedule will be made up in the next couple of weeks so if you or your centre are interested let me know and we will arrange for them to be sent.

Many thanks
Cindy Donnelly

The Queensland State Championships will be held on May 2nd 3rd and 4th.
Why would you schedule a tournament on those days?

Hi All,
With the May long week end clashing with the QLD Championships might be a problem getting this accredited so we will aim for the Anzac Day long weekend which is the week before 25th/26th/27th April.
Cindy Donnelly.

Hi All just updating this post to let you know we 4 Centres so far,
Garden City Lanes
Cannon Hill
Mt Gravatt
Kingaroy ??
Remember it is limited to 8 Centres.
Thanks Cindy Donnelly.
Garden City Lanes.

Hi all just bringing this back to the top and letting you know we still need 4 more centers to get this going if we can get them. We might have to change the format if we can't and just make it a team event. Open to suggestions if you have any.
Cindy.

Back
Top Bottom