In support of the TBA

Well it just depends what you think it is you do on the lanes:
if its sport for you then you join a sport organisation
if is turning up and having social play, great

I think many bowlers believe what they do in League is about an organised competition, with a goal to reach, improve and maybe bowl in tougher leagues, tournaments, travelling leagues etc. You need a sport organisation for this.

Easy Tiger:
"Yes but the point Terry is making (and quite rightly so) is that 99% of bowlers don't care about those things. With or without TBA, they could still turn up and bowl league every week and wouldn't notice a difference."

The best part is that you have a choice to join or not to join.

Leanne

Wayne, I think what you write is a bit of the boy calling 'wolf'. I cant see you believe for one minute that what you suggest would happen. I just cant see the social league really being that stressed about all those rules...

I agree with you though, that the membership is purely only a 'contribution'.
That is another name for a donation isnt it...

At a time when TBA should be reviewing and CONSOLIDATING the sport, they have increased fees, caused confusion, made unnecessary changes, and tried to plan in uncertain times.

I would suggest even without a fee increase, bowling numbers will decrease this year.

So sure, you can support TBA, but that does mean you have to agree with them.

V

Can someone tell me when anyone said they didn't want to pay a registration fee? As far as I can see there isn't a post where anyone has said that.

The posts all relate to questioning where the money goes and what good it is doing for the sport. That's a fair enough question in anyone's book.

My last post saying the same thing in this thread was deleted. Perhaps I am using too much common sense for some people..........

Well put Gary.
I think what a lot of people are missing here also is, what about the people at the coal face (local associations) trying to sell TBAL's price hike to the "rank & file" (members).
Associations & leagues find it harder & harder to get new blood on boards etc. and are more often than not treated as "the enemy". Now, these people are expected to do the hard sell on something they probably do not support.

Further, these associations are being told that $5.00 is to go toward the state association.
I have been involved at board level on my association for more than 10 years, and cannot whatsoever for the life of me remember any contact that this association has had with our state body. Why are we paying this money to a body that is going to provide associations with LESS than our governing body is at present providing, when that money should be going toward running individual associations. Why the double whammy at the expense of struggling associations ??????????????

The registration fee of $27.50 is not a purchase..it is a contribution towards keeping our sport alive!

I'm sure this parallels what Max has been saying for months....and people were bagging the sh*t out of him. How is hearing it from you any different?

Back
Top Bottom