IMPORTNANT INFO FOR THOSE COMING DOWN FOR HOBART MASTERS

D

DJ Luko

ok i have just spoken to chris springer who is running it all... i am going to have to help him run it as we need more than one or two ppl running the whole thing.

ok what i have found out is that the adult championships and masters will be run over two weekends 20th/21st april and then will be combined with the junior championships/masters on the second weekend 27th/28th april

entries will close on april 12th but i wouldnt worry about that.. there will be plenty of room for squads id say.

ok squad times for the second weekend ( i doubt anyone will be down for the first weekend lol)

saturday 20th april:
squads for teams 10 am, 1 pm
squads for doubles 10 am, 11:30 am, 1 pm, 2:30 pm, 4 pm
squads for singles same as doubles.

sunday 21st april:
two qualifying squads for open and restricted masters will be on sunday at 9:30 am and 11 am

Finals for Open and Restriced Masters Adults and Juniors check in at 12:30 for 1 pm start

now theres no mention on format so id say it will be like past years... double elimination.

im going to ring chris once again to make sure that im correct in saying that all finals will be held at the one time.

all entries will be $20 each including masters qualifying.. i'll also check if its possible to qualify during singles.

any queries leave the mhere and i'll get onto them
icon_smile.gif

cheers

Luko

Hey I read this 3 times but it IS the end of the day and I AM very confused..
You said 2 weekends, 20/21st of April and 27/28 April then went on to say "ok squad times for the second weekend.... 20 April".. etc.. so is that the second or the first weekend?

Thanks for posting it on here we were wondering today when it was on!

Jessika
icon_cool.gif

PS. Luko, my party changed to April 19th about 9.30pm ok I couldn't think of any other way to let u know that...
icon_smile.gif

hey jess
icon_smile.gif

yeah those squad times are for the second weekend. i figured no one would come down for the first weekend so i didnt mention those.... i have yet to actually confirm times for the restricted finals for both junior and senior masters... the open masters for both juniors and seniors is at 1pm sunday 28th april

if anyone needs a place to stay i have plenty of room at my place and dont worry there will be no one there but u bowlers lol

just a thought to save on accomodation if u r coming down on saturday

Thing is though, are we gonna have to decide the format like last year??

The only reason I say this, was because in 2000 (my first year), the format was 5 (yes 5, as there was only 6 entries) games scratch pinfall, then after a meeting with all bowlers at the check in last year (2001) a vote was put up, and it was changed to double elimination.

Now I don't give two hoots what the format is, but can we please have it decided before we bowl? I mean, really, is that too much to ask???

Thanks Adam for giving the committee "a clue".

So the Champs and Masters are on the 27/28 of april.
Fantastic! And good job to everyone who told me they were the weekend before

ok heres the latest! after speaking to hayden about formats ( and hayden is going to help out on sunday thanx man
icon_smile.gif
)

ok the format for restricted masters(adults/ juniors) will be 7 games scratch pinfall

the format for boys girls and ladies open masters will be top 7 qualifyers and defending champions from previous year

*it will be a 3 game elimination final*
what that means is
1st plays 8th
2nd plays 7th
etc etc
winners advance after 3 games

now the mens is the same as that except it is top 16! now you'll all have to qualify but this ensures a big field and hopefully a successful masters....

now the boys/girls and ladies masters will be bowled at 11 am check in 10:30 am and the mens final will be at 3 pm on sunday 28th april.

there wil only be one qualifying squad sunday which is at 9:30 am

any queries let me know

luko

ok garry im trying to work out the best time to hold the restricted masters final. its going to be bowled at the same time as adults so we'll have a few bowlers at that time. im thinking around 4 pm on the saturday and i'll have to see how many lanes we'll need by the number of entries.. i dont want more than two bowlers per lane so we'll see how we fare.

qualifying can be done during any squad prior to 4 pm

if we do have the restricted final at 4 pm then there will be restricted lanes for the 4 pm squad( most likely 8 lanes or less....

so i'll show chris springer the formats and he gives it the go ahead then i'll let u guys know by this friday 12th.

cheers

luko

Hi Adam
Just one quick query. With the format you and Gus are proposing, what happens if the girls and/or women don't get full fields?? It's quite likely to happen in one of them at least.
icon_razz.gif

well if we dont get a full field then we can either have just say 5 or 6 games head to head or if its just one person down then the top qualifier can have a bye in the first round and automatically go thru to the enxt round..

what do u guys think?

luko

Just for marky,

Qual 3 games and 1 round final 6 games, yes..

If it was Dbl elim(Like originally planned) Top8
Qual 3 games and 2 rounds is 7 games...

So would you have bowled if it was Dbl Elim??
As it was only 1 extra game..

At least this way we all have a better chance of cutting.. How the winner is determined is not over pinfall but Game wins.

E.g 2 and 1, 2 and 0. So if you win 2 out of the 3 games you progress to the next round. This format is used in asia quite a bit and thought maybe it could be something different we could try.

If I was you, I would have enough confidence to back myself to win 2 games out of 3. (Like I do lol). But noone can make u bowl..

ok mark so youd rather come down to qualify for only 8 spots and double elim? lol

Hi Everyone,

Just back from 2 weeks on the big island and is great to be back home in the best place in Aus.

Adam, You are doing a great job helping out the committee down there so well done.

Just a couple of questions.

One - A starting time of 3pm on the sunday seems pretty late for coastal bowlers who will be travelling home after the event.

Secondly - We have not recieved entry forms for Hobart Champs for the last few years, are we going to see them this time. Not everyone has access to the net to read about the tournament.
Even if something was faxed through with times and formats, i will be happy to distribute in Burnie and Devonport.
Fax - 64317191.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

thanx brett.

yes i do realise the time is a bit late but its the only way we can do it because w have aurora league on before it and we need 16 lanes for the males.

the final wont take that long and im sure u guys can handle it just this once
icon_biggrin.gif

anyway im sorry fo the delay ive had some stuff to sort out and now im back on it and getting the adjusted forms typed up.. should be faxed thru to u and launnie by sunday both adults and juniors.

it might be a bit confusing so if there are any probs ring me on (03) 62 28 6414

hopefully u will be able to work it out lol

the reasons for the new format is that its something "different" to double elimination which most people didnt like....

cheers

luko

Adam,

Thanks big fella.

I wont be down as that is the weekend that Debbie is moving down from Sydney.

Still get the forms faxed though and i will distribute.

Will see you and everyone else in about 3 weeks at at Rachuig roll-off's.

icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom