I'M BUYING...MAYBE

steve jones

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Now some of you might have gleaned from recent [some not so recent] posts that I collect bowling memorabilia [yes, yes I know what a boring life I have]. Sadly, due to losses in transit associated with a number of household moves to various places on the planet over the past 15 or so years my collection these days is somewhat on the slim side - unlike myself - yet growing as each month goes by - much like myself!

I am not at all interested in bowling balls produced after 1970.........bowling bags or shoes of any year or similarly trophies, patches or pins [either type - that is to say those that one perhaps bowled at - and the other type, those that one "stuck" onto a shirt or jacket]. I could care less about this sort of thing.

What interests me [alarmingly for my therapist] is [or perhaps..more correctly, "are"] bowling shirts - Australian ONLY and not after 1975 - AND [very tough to find with legitimate and a quantifiable pedigree] the following.........

Bowling Jackets
Bowling Towels
Bowling Magazines
Tournament Entry Forms
Assorted "stuff" [use your imagination].

Now the requirements are simple .....

1. They need to be in near perfect condition - if you want to sell junk call Steptoe and Son

2. Intelligently priced - with great respect and all due modesty - I know what things are worth in this regard. Do not even bother to pull the wool etc, etc. Liars, cheats, thieves, pagans and vagabonds will be dealt with by Geoff Ott - a man who lacks both compassion and a sense of humor when dealing with inferior types!

3. Validated and legitimate pedigree. See - I didn't say it was easy.

So there we are - if you have it and want to sell it [donations are appreciated of course] - let me know by email to my address on TB.

Thanks.................Steve Jones

Now some of you might have gleaned from recent [some not so recent] posts that I collect bowling memorabilia

Hey Steve why don't you stick Lovey on your mantel piece, or is that too old and not worth very much!!!!

cheers

Tony

Dear Tony...as you would be the first to appreciate - old "left handers" are worth little if indeed anything....and to "stick" [your word ..not mine] Lovell on the mantel piece would of course do little for the current value of our pile...and what it might do by way of scaring the children and the horses simply doesn't bare thinking about! By the way Tony - surely you have an old ball or two to sell - perhaps whatever you might be using now - surely given recent performances I couldn't imagine you have updated much beyond an AMF Magic Circle?

How's THAT Lovell - does that pay Tony back [LOL]?

Unfortunately the only old balls I have Steve are the ones on me, and as you have quotes being left handed aren't worth much at all.!!

cheers

Tony

Steve what kind of balls are you looking for ? can you give me a example i may have something seeing i have almost evey ball i have ever bought since i started bowling.

Oh and by the way ask geoff ott about his nice 117 game last night

Hey Steve
Maybe you could buy a few of Robbie's old relic's or just take the grey angle that you bowled with at Kirwan last night Lol:p

Thumpa........thx for reminding me of my stand-in role last night for the great Steve Hunt - I know Buckley and Ott haven't laughed so much in years. I'm on my way back to WA now and I have to admit that I am unable to move given it's been at least 15 years since I bowled 3 games in a row [well sober anyway]. Hitting the lane was a challenge for me as you know..mind you Kirwan must be the ONLY centre in Australia that has finger tip Angles as house balls. But no matter what - it was a real pleasure to be close at hand watching Robbie's 788. Be well,

Steve

Hey Jonesy,

Thanks for subbing for me, I hope you wore your special shirt that we got you :D

I am sorry I missed you but would love to catch up for a beer, chat and a laugh next time you're in town.

Take care

Steve

Steve - thx but the "shirt" was a bit big for me [HA!!] - but that's OK I'll use it to keep my horse warm - given it was once worn by a real hack that shouldn't find it too out of place. Hope all is well after your visit north.

Steve

Hi Chris..sorry for the late reply - what I am looking for is brand new, boxed and undrilled balls pre about 1970.

Yes, Ott was not too happy about his little effort the other night - but I can tell you next week will be completely different.

Cheers

Steve

Ottys got to be happy with his effort on Thursday night though, a fine 237 game, just missing out on the 100 over average patch... :D

Hi Jonesy,
Maybe you should try to find Richard Froebel.
He might have the piece of wall from Barossa that he put his foot through.
I know they mounted it as a memento.
Might not be worth much though.
Kingy

Yes Brian would be worth having - as a talking point on the bar - and maybe too that piece of ceiling [I think it was "ceiling"] that Geoff Ott dislodged with a solid punch - where was that now???

Cheers..Steve

Hey pity you don't want and old 1960/70 drill press sitting down the back looking for a home.
Cindy Donnelly.

Cindy,

If it's in good shape you should find a buyer easy - at least in my view. You're correct it's not for me - but I'd guess you would get rid of it fast if, as I say, if it's in good condition.

Steve

Hey Jonesy,

I have a mint condition (undrilled) AMF Amflite Brilliant bowling ball.

This ball was given as a gift to celebrate the opening of AMF Australia, and was given to one of the inaugural directors of the company.

I have uploaded a photo of the ball, which is the one situated front and centre.

Let me know if this is something that you would be interested in??

Cheers

Steve Hunt

Attachments

• AMF Amflite balls.jpg
    AMF Amflite balls.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 43
Back
Top Bottom