How often does your oil pattern get changed?

Toshio

Videogame Master!
Just wondering how often your "House" oil pattern gets changed, if at all.

We've just have our oil pattern changed and most of the "good" bowlers haven't been bowling that good since the change. If we lack one thing it would be the adjustment to different lane condidtions.

P.S. I don't consider myself a "good" bowler so I don't count.

Toshio

in my expenince most lane sand back and recoat the lanes every 3 to 4 years. which meand that there sand back to bare wood and recoat, by doing that the patten will be new or like bowling a freash lanes

We get fresh oil on Tuesday nights, but the pattern is the same as normal, until they change it.
But on Wednesday we have used oil with a juniour league on before us.

Sometimes it depends on wether or not the mechanic has to leave early Wednesdays, then lanes would be done after the juniours by the other mechanic.

Toshio

Oil pattern is never changed where i bowl as far as i know....
The lanes are oiled every afternoon that there are leagues running in the evening. I think the only day they are not done is saturdays at the moment.

They are normally done around 2-3pm leagues normally start from 6:30pm but there are a few earlier leagues on some days.

I would say that they are very inconsistant. It really depends on how busy they have been because if they have a dull day the lanes will still be oiled again the following day if there are leagues running that night, which makes them oiler than usual.

Strikezone probably only gets some oil on tourney patterns haha. Usually our house shot is oily-medium or medium, with a big backend, sometimes too big :D The shot is usually fairly similar each day, except on weekends when it's dry, but you get that. I'm not too sure how often we change our shot, though :confused:

Bubyee

Rowey :p

I only notice at fairlanes the pattern changes a bit everyday, especially from when I bowl tuesday to when I bowl thursday then when I bowl Saturday.

I also notice that it changes when there is a tournament on...like a week berfore the tournament, they'll put the pattern on the lanes and everyone has a go....REALLY FUN!

It's gone from(in the last few months)

double to 30ft/buff 40ft(most playable from multiple angles of all the shots the tech got me to 'test')
double to 35ft/buff 40ft
same as above with 2nd pass to 20ft
double to 35ft/buff 45ft(with no 2nd pass on the heads)??!!! :confused: :confused: !!

all put down by our faithful century 100(with backends cleaned by a VLS that either loves leaving wet patches or straight up doesn't get all the dirt off)

different eh! soon makes you forget what swinging 25 to 5 is when you always have to keep the ball inside of about 12, forget pearl stuff too unless you throw it about 1/2 mile and hour. Good learning condition too seeing outside 10 virtually never opens up

Back
Top Bottom