How much to build a bowling alley

K

kurt

I am trying to find out how much it costs to build a bowling alley, any Ideas?

Hi Kurt

If you go to www.brunswickbowling.com and dig around on their site, there are some FAQ's and one of them mentions the approximate cost of building a centre. The prices are in American dollars but at least you'll have an idea. :p

Kyles

Thanks Kyles, you can get a better level of information from the AMF site, but I am after even more detail, even some companies that could do an online quote.

Kurt :cool:

I have looked into different scenario's about owning a bowling centre and the expenses a few years back and I'm telling you it's very expensive.

kurt said:
Thanks Kyles, you can get a better level of information from the AMF site, but I am after even more detail, even some companies that could do an online quote.
Kurt :cool:

Chances are you have no chance of getting an "online quote". If you are serious about wanting to build as centre, contact either Brunswick or AMF and get some prices.

If you are doing it just out of interests sake, perhaps find a centre that isnt AMF/MLE and have a chat to the owners. I dont know how you will go, but hey worth a try.

I will see if i can find out as ballpark figure for you. I have one that I keep thinking of, but I dont want to supply that in case im way off the mark.

Hey Kurt,

I'm not sure about building a centre, but my local 20 lane centre is privately owned and when it was on the market the asking price was around $1.3 million, although you may be able to pick the same centre up today for $1 million.

These prices were for a 20 year old centre without all the bells and whistles, so I dread to think how much building a brand new one from scratch would be.

Cheers

Steve :D

Brett Hall said:
I think it's a case of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it".

I have approx a million to play with, so it sounds like a new build then, any one any ideas of cost?

Cheers

I had read on the net somewhere that the approx build cost of a bowling alley was about $130 K per lane, which sounds about on the mark, depending on the materials you choose (wood lanes vs. HPL's etc.)

I think with $1 mil to start you off, you might want to look for a partner to go in with you....

but if you don't go for all the bells and whistles, you'd probably be able to get started with a Mil...

Good on you for even considering it though, the more independant centres we have the better I say...

As long as the centre is not going to cost over say 2.5 - 3.0 mill in total, if you have a million to kick in yourself, then im sure you are going to find a bank or financial institution that is willing to lend you the rest, provided all the plans, costings, approvals etc have been granted, and the business plan and research etc in viability have been done.

Obviously a partner is the easier option, less 'hoops' to jump through, but if you have that sort of funds behind you, then you should be able to get it off the ground if you want to!

Thanks for the info, I am looking into Brunswick now.

Whose is the cheapest?

I am trying to find out how much it costs to build a bowling alley, any Ideas?
G'day Kurt,
contact Fred Zammit the Owner and builder of the Interbowl Australia Group. I believe he has several containers full of bowling lanes, machines and ancillary equipment readily available at his Bateau Bay site.
He can build you the building, fit it out and would more than likely consider a possible partnership deal.
Happy hunting,
Fatblack.

Kurt

Let me help you briefly. There are 3 global manufacturers.....................two you know Quibca [who now own AMF outright] Brunswick [the bowling product manufacturing division of which is for sale with a likely outcome to that sale process to be announced inside 4-8 weeks] and Pininfarina designed Switch Bowling International - all 3 web sites are easy to Google.

Price points vary based on the product selected - like your average Mercedes there are extensive options available .....however when calculated into AUD from their point of origin each costs about the same landed to a primary Australian Port - AUS$40,000-$50,000 PER LANE. Add to that installation - which is an entirely separate conversation.

Used equipment is of course an option - but brings with it a whole new range of issues and problems in light of Work Safe's application of AS4024 - the code relevant to Safety of Machinery in the work place.

Like most things in business bowling is no different, the further you dig the more you uncover.

Back
Top Bottom