How much it cost to buy a bowling Centre?

R

rynzeski

Not that I can afford it, but would it be nice if you can?

We got a lotto syndicate at work and one of the jokes around the office is that if we won I will quit my job and buy a bowling centre as I never stop talking about quitting and just go bowling everyday.

Raise my curiousity, and I came to think on how much does it really cost to buy a bowling centre?

It really depends on where and how big? But as a conservative estimate...

between $400,000 and $3,000,000

avg $1,500,000 in a capital city on someone elses land

Hope its Powerball you entered......

I personally think it would be cheaper to PAY for your games - then you could go wherever you like, lane conditions would be different in each centre, you could check out your preferred ball drillers, pro shops, cafe areas, beer gardens etc. etc. .... then you could swan off to USA to try the pro circuit tourns., off to Asia for their events and finally to Europe where you would give 7 or 8 pins to the chicks each tourn..... AND THEN, come back here, put all the good things you have seen and learned into operation, sponsor some great tournaments - and there would be no more things for us POOR bowlers here to complain about......THE DREAM !!!!!! Good luck

Flower

WOW Mary,

We all know what you'll be doing if you win the lotto.... (except you'll change the chicks to blokes)
Just buy a suitcase big enough to fit Me, Brad, Shontay & Khynan in ;)

If we win we'll fit you in lovey :silly:

FLOWER said:
I personally think it would be cheaper to PAY for your games - then you could go wherever you like, lane conditions would be different in each centre, you could check out your preferred ball drillers, pro shops, cafe areas, beer gardens etc. etc. .... then you could swan off to USA to try the pro circuit tourns., off to Asia for their events and finally to Europe where you would give 7 or 8 pins to the chicks each tourn..... AND THEN, come back here, put all the good things you have seen and learned into operation, sponsor some great tournaments - and there would be no more things for us POOR bowlers here to complain about......THE DREAM !!!!!! Good luck
Flower
not sure about givin them 7 or 8 pins mary but if they were attractive European ladies in the right aged between 20 and 35, i would be trying to bring one back as a wife ;)

GeorgeF said:
It really depends on where and how big? But as a conservative estimate...
between $400,000 and $3,000,000
avg $1,500,000 in a capital city on someone elses land
Hope its Powerball you entered......

There's a 22 Million Lotto draw on June 3, there are about 10 of us in the syndicate so if we win and did not share 1st prize with anyone will have just enough to buy one. :rolleyes:

Hmmm... maybe the old Parramatta Centre will be up for sale once they shut down mid this year... :-k

I would rather spend the $ and put 6 lanes into my basement, 2 wood, 2 Anvilanes, and 2 HPL along with a nice new Kegel. This would almost fit next to my current home cinema.
Wouldn't worry about pinsetters - My wife can do that !

There was a 12 lane centre for sale in NSW not so long ago. it could of been had for less than 100k........the name of the town where the centre is escapes me at the moment, from memory it was not too far away from Newcastle.

Bowen Tenpin was up for sale for $15,000, about 4 years ago, 10 timber lanes with Brunswick A model machines and Gold crown accessories, everything inside the 4 walls was included, sound system, ball measuring and drilling accessories even an ancient looking ball polisher, it was a bargain ........................he couldn't sell it as an ongoing concern, the lanes, machines and all the spare parts ended up at Noosa Tenpin..................everything else ended up in the bin, the old telescores, ball clusters and all the house balls and shoes.........it was crying shame.

Shawn

Back
Top Bottom