Holiday Lanes Skin 2012 March 31st 7.30pm

personally I'm up for the challenge and it doesn't bother me what I bowl on, but not sure what others think but being a skins tournament and wanting high games to win, normally an easier shot rather than a sports pattern would be laid in skins?

(as I said doesn't bother me, and I look forward to it)

Lyndsay

well my personal opinion is that having half the lanes wood and half synthetic with harder condition will only get bowlers complaining, therfore you might lose some entries, i will still be trying to make it, but i dont think you should be putting down a harder condition, its going to be difficult enough to adjust from wood to synthetic and vise versa, not to mention ball choice which afterall no one here are exactly pro status, if the lanes were all the same then yes i would prefer a harder condition, but having 2 completely different lane types makes\ this a whole new ball game....i can already see the comments afterwards, so my recommendation.....make the conditions a little easier...and therefore if people still bowl well and dont cash wont be so dissapointed and blame it on the different lane types, does anyone agree on this or have a similar solution?

Personally i'm up for the challenge, everyone has to bowl on it so why blame it on the lanes and the condition. If any of us deserve to win skins we should be able to adjust to it.

with the money on offer why not have a hard pattern this is a challenge which i am looking forward to the challenging patterns opens it right up as to anyone can win it will test peoples skills and cant wait get my new ball punched up before i bowl skins and use it there

Hi All,

Plenty of interesting comments and all valid.

Here is my reasoning. First off they are not going to be super hard, your right skins you need to score to keep it exciting.

The shorter pattern on the wood is only there to keep the ball out of the wear area of the lane, it will force the shot towards the outside of the lane a little more and keep the play out of any average head area wear. Better for all, and the pattern will hold up for the number of games.

The longer pattern, is going to be something that has multiple lines to the pocket, but it will let you play inside. Something we are trying to avoid on the wood.

The last game is just a bit of fun and a bonus round for all competing.

I understand the difficulties with dual conditions but it really is the best we can do with what we have, and i would have hated to run out of time and had lanes only partially completed.

Looking forward to a great event.

Regards
James

Sounds like great fun. A unique format and something to really test the bowlers. Everyone is always screaming out for different formats and here's one we've never seen before. You've done the best with what you've got James, well done. I hope all bowlers in the area will give it a go and put their game to the test!

Cheers

Hi All,

Skins 2012 List
1) Bianca Flanagan
2) Dave Hurst
3) Matt Smith
4) Simon Pearce
5) Lyndsey Packer
6) Luke Coleman
7) Neil Buttriss
8) Darryl Buttriss
9) James Roods
10) John Roods
11) Spike Zahra
12) Neil Donnelly
13) James Kyriacou
14) Ross Sanson
15) Nathan Jenner
16) Tracey Petrass
17) Richard Stevens
18) Brett Kleidon
19) David Christensen
20) Donnie Walton
21) Robbie Alston
22) Glenn Dwyer
23) Rob Charles
24) Jason Lyndsay

If i have missed anyone please let me know.

It would be great to fill the feild so keep the entries coming.

Regards
James

Hi All,

Skins 2012 List
1) Bianca Flanagan
2) Dave Hurst
3) Matt Smith
4) Simon Pearce
5) Lyndsey Packer
6) Luke Coleman
7) Neil Buttriss
8) Darryl Buttriss
9) James Roods
10) John Roods
11) Spike Zahra
12) Neil Donnelly
13) James Kyriacou
14) Ross Sanson
15) Nathan Jenner
16) Tracey Petrass
17) Richard Stevens
18) Brett Kleidon
19) David Christensen
20) Donnie Walton
21) Robbie Alston
22) Glenn Dwyer
23) Rob Charles
24) Jason Lyndsay
25) Ray Trenham
26) Brian Adams

Regards
James

Hi All,

Skins 2012 List
1) Bianca Flanagan
2) Dave Hurst
3) Matt Smith
4) Jason Bosel
5) Lyndsey Packer
6) Luke Coleman
7) Neil Buttriss
8) Darryl Buttriss
9) James Roods
10) John Roods
11) Spike Zahra
12) Neil Donnelly
13) James Kyriacou
14) Ross Sanson
15) Nathan Jenner
16) Tracey Petrass
17) Richard Stevens
18) Brett Kleidon
19) David Christensen
20) Donnie Walton
21) Robbie Alston
22) Glenn Dwyer
23) Rob Charles
24) Jason Lyndsay
25) Ray Trenham
26) Brian Adams
27) Tony Ginger

Regards
James

Hi All,

Skins 2012 List
1) Bianca Flanagan
2) Dave Hurst
3) John Williams
4) Jason Bosel
5) Lyndsey Packer
6) Luke Coleman
7) Neil Buttriss
8) Darryl Buttriss
9) James Roods
10) John Roods
11) Spike Zahra
12) Neil Donnelly
13) James Kyriacou
14) Ross Sanson
15) Nathan Jenner
16) Tracey Petrass
17) Richard Stevens
18) Brett Kleidon
19) David Christensen
20) Donnie Walton
21) Robbie Alston
22) Glenn Dwyer
23) Rob Charles
24) Jason Lyndsay
25) Ray Trenham
26) Brian Adams
27) Tony Ginger
28) Brendan Santin
29) Dan Ciertiol

Regards
James

It is with much regret that I can't bowl James sorry, but I have work commitments that have been thrown at me. Dazz is still bowling. Thanks Neil

Just like to say that as usual James, Fiona & the Team put on another great night and everything went very well (except that i didn't pick up any skins but oh well). The format made for some very interesting games & the idea of the last game gave everyone the opportunity to win same money.
Well done and i will be there again next year.

Back
Top Bottom