Highest ave<> Lowest high score!

D

DavidSexton

:oops: The flipside to the lowest average to bowl a 300, I'm probably the opposite, with a 183 average, my highest league game is just 254, (256 social in 1987!) I've only bowled a few 250+ games, just cant break through for a huge score, but I'm consistent if nothing else! Indeed, this season, ave 183 my highest game in 30 games is just 214!! :? Anyone match this feat of mediocrity?

High Average<>Lowest High score

That's pretty consistent! Reckon that would knock over any other feat of consistent close to average bowling. I bet you would be happier if your Tigers could match that consistency too!
:wink: Just a bit of gloating from a Geelong supporter, that!

Well, I don't bowl that much anymore - well I haven't really bowled in over 20 months, but just wanted to comment on the last post David put up. I am a Geelong supporter too. :)

GO CATS

Consistency is not the worst thing in bowling... at least you can be confident in your overall ability to score your average!

I have been bowling since I was 5, and I would agree with the 'frustration' you may experience when bowling 100's of low 200 games... the best results often come when you don't expect them!

Don't worry, and just enjoy the expressions on everyone's faces when you consistently beat them. I know I do :wink:

I have found it to be beneficial against any opponent if they know you can bowl 200 99% of the time... it often puts them off once they start missing the spares! (Naturally you then string 9 in a row after that just to make things interesting :lol: )

Food for thought...
My first 600 series was 199 201 200.
My first 700 series was 233 237 230...

I'd hate to recall how many times I have bowled 199:)

Just enjoy bowling - one piece of advice I was told (and I firmly believe in) is: 'close the frames with spares and the strikes will look after themselves'

Have fun and good luck

Back
Top Bottom