Hi there

The Insider

Trophy Collector
Hi all
It's Trevor Horrell here, but most people just call me BigTrev... wonder why?:cool:
I am a K-12 teacher (a very diverse age group) and I am also a professional editor and proofreader - although you probably wouldn't be able to tell by some of the typos:eek:

I have been bowling since the age of 5, and have had a consistent 185-200 average for a number of years... currently it is 199 and 201 lol. I have won a few leagues at different centres, and a few minor tournaments, but weirdly, in the tournaments that really count, I tend to have one game that totally ruins it... eg. Nationals - 2000 Masters - bowled a 126:eek: ... then a 290 (don't ask - I have no idea either!:D ) In that situation all you can do is laugh!

My bowling ball arsenal is:
Storm Agent
Tropical Storm
Columbia Rock
Blue Wolf
Bull Whip
Visionary Ogre (yes I am waiting too Tonx)

I gave up bowling for a year cos I thought I might pursue other interests, but it only took a social game with my work mates bowling 210 with a house ball to convince me to rejoin! Since then, I have bowled better than ever... weird that. Maybe the break really does help... or maybe it is the fact I bought new equipment. Anyway, looking forward to finally getting the Ogre we have all heard so much about:lol:

Hi Trevor,

I am also a professional editor and proofreader

I would like to hear more about that...Sounds interesting

Jase

Hi Trevor,
I am also a professional editor and proofreader
I would like to hear more about that...Sounds interesting
Jase

It is an interesting occupation... what happens is that book companies send manuscripts ie stories, novels, journals etc to me to edit and proofread... you would be surprised at the amount of mistakes professional writers make!

I also edit student essays, uni thesises, resumes... basically anything that needs an extra opinion before it is submitted. Spell checkers on computers are good, but they don't have the capacity to proofread documents for grammar, sentence structure, arguments and logical flow of ideas - that is where a Professional Editor and Proofreader can help.

Past clients have been HSC students who wanted a second opinion before writing their essays... that is where my experience as a K-12 teacher comes in too. One of my clients was a HSC student last year, and they scored a UAI of 94.8. At the start of the year they were getting low marks for essays, so they asked me for assistance. I had a look at their work, and all that was really needed was a few quick changes in sentence structure, and the arguments were much better.

"It is not always about what you say, it is more about how you say it"

Anybody that is interested can PM me if they like - you never know, I could help you:D

Thanks for that Trevor…Good read

Get to it Hammer...Trevor can help you...

Trevor you will have a huge job ahead of you there…Never thought anyone could help Hammer!

Welcome Trevor.

Good luck with Hammer.

It might be worth while taking on something a bit easier, maybe trying to get the English cricket team to beat Australia..... lmao.

Welcome Trevor.
Good luck with Hammer.
It might be worth while taking on something a bit easier, maybe trying to get the English cricket team to beat Australia..... lmao.

Hey it's been done. Anything is possible. MBE's are on offer.

Anybody that is interested can PM me if they like - you never know, I could help you:D

Trevor, as you can see, alot of people are worried about my spelling. I might just take you up on that offer, any thing to get these clowns off my back:( :(

Hey Trev!
Bowling at Shellharbour are you?
You know you should be bowling back with us at Strikezone ;)
Send that Ogre my way...

Hey Trev!
Bowling at Shellharbour are you?
You know you should be bowling back with us at Strikezone ;)
Send that Ogre my way...

Hi Jen!

Yes when I decided to go back to bowling, I thought I would take a while to back into the swing of things, but now I am bowling 200s consistently... even though I did slice the top of my finger off a week or so ago:)

The reason I gave up bowling was due to the fact that I had the average, but never really achieved what I wanted and what my average would have allowed me to do... I got very frustrated with the league in the end, and everytime I seemed to go well or was in a purple patch I would get injured.
I am sure that was no secret.

I will probably join the scratch league when it starts at Strikezone - let me know... eg. times, dates, cost. Handicap leagues only work if you have an average less than 160 really so it is a wonder I am leading the Shellharbour Phantom then hey!

I hear you are going well - I always knew you had the potential:)

As for the Ogre coming your way - it might if it doesn't live up to hype. I am very very happy with my Storm Agent. I have not idea what to expect with the Ogre to be honest!

Cheers
Trev

Back
Top Bottom