Help Me please

N

Not_myself

Hey

im from Kalgoorlie and was looking at a tourment calender the other day and seen there is one called the Junior Allstars. Can some one give me any information about it. Like requirments and wether or not you have to go in them every month. I am trying to get some experinces cause there is nothing up here to do that
icon_confused.gif

dude junior all-stars is not a tornament as such, it's just a compition that every center in the perth metropolitan area enters a 5 man team into, unfortinatly because u are not in the metro area u are unable to compete. sorry dude.

Hey, James, um its not a metro thing. Coz mandurah and kelmscott are in. It is a Sanctioned tourney, but kalgoolie is not a sanctioned centre. So thats why kalgoolie isnt in the comp. Plus kalgoolie is a bit far to travel for people who bowl at warwick, craige, perth, cannigton etc. But also there is no exmouth or bunbury team, coz its a bit to far to travel just for a 3 hour tourney. well there u go, but the only way to bowl allstars is to bowl at a sanctioned centre, specificaly one in the metro area. Well theres why so yeah. if u want to, bowl at some centre like fairlanes city or cannington. Cya later

Adrian, dude how much do u know about Perth hey, sounds to me like u justed moved here, hey
icon_biggrin.gif
, kelmscott, mandurah and rockingham, are all in the metro area, check ur street directory dude
icon_wink.gif
icon_wink.gif
, anywayz i gotta cruise dude, catch ya at the next torny, whenever that is!!
icon_rolleyes.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

Glad someone clarified to our visitor to Perth what is and isnt in the Metro area.

You guys also left out Albany, they dont bowl either.

Listen the main reasons for you being unable to bowl in the event

* You must in a league in the centre in which you are representing.
* Kalgoorlie cannot enter a team apparently due to the centre not affiliating with TBA.

You could still bowl yourself but would have to travel once a week to Perth, or at least once a fortnight, to bowl in a league.

Its a shame you cant bowl, the Junior Allstars first started in I believe 1983/4 (Showing my age now)and was designed to assimilate the Presidents Shield Competition.

Goodness me the bowlers that played the first 2 seasons, if we only had half of them back playing, Perth bowlig scene would be so much stronger for it

Originally there was only one team representing but as the interest grew and there became overwhelming numbers, therefore at the same time became a larger difference between the average of the bowler, so a second league was introduced thus an 'A' & 'B' division.

Then as the story goes, unfortunately the number of juniors in Perth dwindled over the years i believe now that it has reverted back to the original of only being one team representative.

Real shame as it was a good stepping stone for the little ones, They got to watch there peers every month aspiring to play against them and one day be 'them'.

And for all it was a monthly ritual of playing 5 person teams which there are now and nver was a Junior league in Perth of 5person playing strenght

I hope this has clarified the event for you

For further back bowling details please someone older like Wimbridge or Harty... lol

James, i think your street director is a bit out of date. Yes kelmscott and rocky are in the metro area, but mandurah isn't.

sorry toni, but mandurah is, technicly part of the metro area, trust me i work for a company that delivers all over the metro area but only the metro area, and we go to mandurah, so it must be, plus it is just genral knowledge that i know it is.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_wink.gif

catch ya

Back
Top Bottom