Greenslopes Feb Twin Tour/State Team info

as i havent bowled for a long time i am asking a lot of questions please do not get peeved off with me
are the selections for walter deveer made from just the twin tour at greenslopes and the roll offs at caboolture
because last time i tried for QLD youth there was roll offs and then nominated teams doubles and singles event aswell
is this not the case anymore ?
thankyou
daniel

Daniel

normally there is just a specific rolloff weekend for the representative sides, bowling both days of the weekend, and first 7 past the post make the teams. In 2006, the rolloff is being incorporated in the first Twin tour at Greenslopes, and a separate 10 game tournament at Caboolture a month later. Both these events attract prize money, which has not happened before. It is a new initative to attract more bowlers who perhaps do not try out for representative teams because of the cost factor involved just in the rolloffs. Next year, you bowl twice, have the chance of making money both weekends, and getting a spot in the team if you are in the top 7.:D

Good luck

Broni:cool:

Does any one know how much it costs to bowl the actual Rachuig/Walter De Veer tournaments. I can see the Qualifying prices (twin tour/Roll offs), but, for the persons who make the team how much then are they looking at needing to pay to bowl the tournament?? I personally would not be happy paying out the amount needed just to qualify to then find out that I now need to find another couple of hundred dollars to cover travelling/tournament fee's.
Does TBAQ sponsor/help out (past experiences would dictate a resounding, NO!)?? Do we need to find sponsors/pay out of pocket?? Do Sth Qld Teams already have defined sponsors?
It would be useful to have this type information available (is it??). These issues would be more important to me when deciding whether or not to bother attemptin qualification.
THNX

May I suggest that you look in the Queensland Forum - there is a thread entitled 'STATE TEAM FAQ' on there - also the brochure for the roll-offs from TBAQ has a contact phone number and you can download the info. you require from the link provided at the start of this topic by Andrew Shinnee to the TBAQ website.

Hope this helps....

Flower

grandleo you said you would not be happy forking out another few hundred for travell and accomodation.. you way of the mark there mate. i have made the state team twice. and both times it was more like a couple of thousand.. Both times i went away i would have been lucky if i did not pay under $2000.

your pockets have to be deep to play in this team.

Chucky said:
grandleo you said you would not be happy forking out another few hundred for travell and accomodation.. you way of the mark there mate. i have made the state team twice. and both times it was more like a couple of thousand.. Both times i went away i would have been lucky if i did not pay under $2000.
your pockets have to be deep to play in this team.

Ditto Chucky. If you like a beer, a decent bit of tucker a be a TRUE team member you will need more than $2000 (WDV Melbourne 2004 experience).

Feral

And i will 3rd it.
even bowling in my own state this year with no travel cost it was over 1000 but then we got the GOLD so it was worth evry cent :)

and getting a cheque for $8 back for your national prize winnings makes it even better :rolleyes: :rofl: :-({|= :sad:

Broni

bm2 said:
and getting a cheque for $8 back for your national prize winnings makes it even better :rolleyes: :rofl: :-({|= :sad:
Broni

And i bet you can't wait for next year so you can do it all again.

yeah........I keep saying that I must get a life!!!!!:rolleyes:

If we only did it for the money, then bowling would be a lot worse off than it is now..... and whilst I know that there are a lot of other things that I could spend Jag's hard earned cash on, I am happy spending it this way, at least for a few more years yet.......#-o

Broni:x-mas:

Back
Top Bottom