Goodbye to Parramatta

What is the point of replacing Penrith... I was there having a bowl last night, the centre itself LOOKS and FEELS newer!! It feels like they've just had a makeover of sorts. Aside from that... it was about 6:30pm, they were oiled in the morning, social bowlers on them all day, yet the lanes held up very well!
R
Good to see that Hutcho has actually done something there.

mt druitt is badly in need of an upgrade (or some oil inside 6 board)

enfield was supposed to close 2 years ago i heard :p

i forgot to take a pic of the 'ball sized' holes in the poles holding the roof up between lanes 8 & 9 and 16 & 17 at macarfar...

Enf...

why cry for parramatta, many others have closed before and many more will in the Future.

Plans for Enfield and a shopping centre where the bowling centre is fell through, enfield will survive for some time to come.

why cry for parramatta, many others have closed before and many more will in the Future.
It's not the centre (and certainly not the tilt-up concrete box architecture) that people will miss, it's the characters and the interaction.

I grew up in Sydney and bowled my first league in Parramatta. It holds many memories for me. Many stories of boys being boys, even boys meeting girls meeting boys. Parramatta was a microcosm of bowling, which is a microcosm of life. I never really bowled well there (won a league or two), but it's sad to see it passing, as a significant scene of a formative part of my life. I felt the same for Rockdale, surely Sydney's greatest bowling centre in it's day.

Whats wrong with Mt Druitt? I bowl there every week in league and the staff members are the most friendly people out.

Whats that got to do with their bowling center? So what if its a bad area?

What is the point of replacing Penrith... I was there having a bowl last night, the centre itself LOOKS and FEELS newer!! It feels like they've just had a makeover of sorts. Aside from that... it was about 6:30pm, they were oiled in the morning, social bowlers on them all day, yet the lanes held up very well!
R
Unfortunately Panthers owns the building that is Penrith bowl. Nepean square for years has offered Panthers for the block for more parking so when the next lease agreement comes up, dont be surprised on a move.

It was a sad day when Parramatta closed. I happened to bowl there by chance on the final day. I was so shocked to hear they were closing. Still i started with a 4 bagger and ended up with a 212 in my first game.

I always enjoyed great hospitality at Parramatta. I remember my first time, i got a burger and bowl deal. My burger had a piece of metal in it. Dont know what it was, but straight away they called for the mechanic to check things out (in the kitchen), made me another burger and offered me a free cappucino. And gave me a thousand apologies. Didnt stop me going back though. Great place to bowl. :D

I always loved playing there although, not living in sydney limited how many times i did play there.

Was the first time i played on Synthetics and made me want to play on them more (now i go to Castle Hill).

As for the Super Centre to open. I got told (dont know if it is true) that 4 centres were being shut to build the new one. Parramatta was one, I think Top Ryde was another, not sure on the others.

homebush is aparently going to only have 38 lanes, so i dont think 4 centres are going to close, wouldnt be suprised if enfield does close though.

aparently panthers are going to build their own centre without amf (macquarie)

Enf...

Back
Top Bottom