Goodbye to Parramatta

R

rynzeski

The rumours are true!!! Parramatta Bowling Centre is shutting down this year. We are informed by our League President about the closure which effectively shortened our league season in half.

This is not like the Blacktown situation, where the old centre closes and the new centre opens immediately in a new and better location. Parramatta, is closing and there is no new centre replacing it, at least not for another 2 years or so. If there is really one being build...

So, I guess it's time to say our goodbyes to all the management and staff of Parramatta throughout the years. It is not always been good relationship but there are a lot of good than bad.

Goodbye, to League Bowlers in Parramatta. I am sure that most of you will continue on to other centres. We love this sport, that is why we commit ourselves to long seasons not because we have nothing else to do but we do not want to do anything else.

And last to the League Officers and Members of the Harley League. We still got a few more weeks to go let's make this season the best ever. Thanks to everyone that worked hard to keep the league running good job guys!!!

I know that we will be seeing each other again in some bowling centre somewhere. CHEERS!!!

It'd be nice to have a goodbye tournament for Parramatta, having bowled there a few times I always found it to be a great centre.

To Greg Kotteakos and the crew at AMF Parramatta you have done a great job holding the joint together especially after we believed that Parramatta was the home for AMF Manager's who were about to be exited from the company.

Cya parra so when is this one in penrith panthers goin to be built or is it just talk like usual

I can remember the old Parramatta before this one was built, that was the start of Chris Batson I believe and now this one is gone. Good lucj to all those there.

it wil be at homebush/strathfield

where the arnots factory is ,it wil take longer becuse they need aproval to remove some parts of that building because its soo old
should be there by half way during 2007

Cya parra so when is this one in penrith panthers goin to be built or is it just talk like usual

Why would they build one in panthers? They have one already next to the Nepean Shopping Centre. Its not great, and l think they could do with a makeover, but l don't think they would build one inside panthers.

Why would they build one in panthers? They have one already next to the Nepean Shopping Centre. Its not great, and l think they could do with a makeover, but l don't think they would build one inside panthers.
the one in panthers will replace the current amf pemriff.

Enf...

amf need to update all there centers , gosh enfield has ex jail looking people working there ,

Randwick got their makeover. It looks better but looks dont make the lanes work more smoothly which are still the same old crap.

What is the point of replacing Penrith... I was there having a bowl last night, the centre itself LOOKS and FEELS newer!! It feels like they've just had a makeover of sorts. Aside from that... it was about 6:30pm, they were oiled in the morning, social bowlers on them all day, yet the lanes held up very well!
R

Back
Top Bottom