GARDEN CITY LANES TO REMAIN OPEN FOR GOOD

G

gardencitylanes

Hi All,

Well, what can I say, the deal turned around at the final hour and as of Friday the 17th of December, it became official that Garden City Lanes will not close and it is business as normal. The reasons for this are confidential and it is my job now to reverse everything and put the normal systems back in place.

Leagues shall recommence at the normal dates as discussed and the Tournaments for the centre that I had scheduled for next year shall go ahead.

I can not alaborate on any information at the moment but i know that this centre not closing probably makes a lot of people very happy. It is home to alot of people and we shall continue to make it a successful business long into the future.

Yours In Bowling
Zane Que
Manager.

thats awsome to here hopefully there can be many more tournys to come now. have a good christmas and a new year

What happened ???? Did you just experience a population boom.....Toowoomba is not BIG enough to support 2 centres.....the right decision was made the first time.......1 centre will make a profit, 2 centres will never last......the location of bowling centres has always been based on population density.....less than 1% of the Aust population bowl on a regular basis.......my prediction is 1 centre will collapse financially in the near future.....unless some fool continues to pours money into a big empty pit.

Shawn

Well I can say it's great to hear some good news for Zane for christmas Garden City is a nice centre. :D

Oh well Gismo I guess your life time ban isn't over after all you LOSER :twisted: :twisted: any body got a tissue :-({|=

Kerri

That's great news Zane. I hope that everybody gets behind Garden City Lanes because it's a fantastic centre, I'm very glad to hear that it's staying open. I look forward to bowling a tournament there in the near future hopefully.

Well done keep up the good work.

MATE

Hey this is great for bowling in Queensland YOU have my full support Zane and garden city i hope everything works well. If you need anything mate i am always here to help.

Im probably one of the most naturally happy people at the moment.
Like Zane said, it is a home for alot of people.
Its been my home away from home for 16 long years lol...
Im so happy its staying open...
Im just gonna concentrate on keeping a job available for me there..

That's great to hear. Have bowled there a couple of times as a junior several years ago. I'd also like to thank Zane for the support he provided to the Defence Phantom League this year. It was our first season and he was kind enough to donate the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes. Well done. We are now looking for a sponsor for our 2nd season so if anyone has some ideas, let me know.

Well the roller coaster continues..

Had only been to the centre once for Zane to do my equipment so I can't comment on anything other than its great that Zane will still be at the helm...

Best of luck with it Zane..

Kim

pintech said:
What happened ???? Did you just experience a population boom.....Toowoomba is not BIG enough to support 2 centres.....the right decision was made the first time.......1 centre will make a profit, 2 centres will never last......the location of bowling centres has always been based on population density.....less than 1% of the Aust population bowl on a regular basis.......my prediction is 1 centre will collapse financially in the near future.....unless some fool continues to pours money into a big empty pit.

Shawn

Not always the case.

Marketing and promotions is a very good way of getting people in, who would otherwise not even look at bowling.

You don't need a big population to keep running, you only need some customers who enjoyed the custom you gave them, and the great atmosphere bowling provides. You'll find that both centre's can, and probably will survive... and god forbid, they might actually thrive!

Good luck Zane. I've never actually met you, but from everyone's point of view, and not to mention your great attitude towards the game, you sound like a top bloke.

Hope it works out for ya.

Ben, All successful bowling centres are located in close proximity to major populations, there aren't too many centres situated in small to medium size towns, let alone 2 centres less than a couple of k's from each other.....governments satistics state less than 1% of the population bowl on a regular basis, its actually closer to .5%

A town with a poulation of 40,000 will have on average between 200 and 400 league bowlers.....not even enough to support a 12 lane centre and make a profit.

Melbourne is densely populated, that is why there are more tenpin bowling centres there than anywhere else in Aust, and why there are more centres being built in Melbourne then anywhere else

I've been in the industry for 20 yrs and feel confident in saying only 1 centre will survive in Toowoomba.....2 centres may exist for a short while.....but only 1 will make a profit.

Shawn

Ok In Melbourne I Think We have 30 centers thats not including night club bowling centers we have 11 AMF Centers and 19 Privately Owned Centers including country centers.
cheers thats my say I have heard of u Zane good luck for the future i hope to see u at East Coast Nxt yr.
Good Luck for the Future

But Chris when you put 30 centre's into a population of 3.5 million, that equates to about 120,000 people per centre.

I'd be happy with a population ratio like that for my centre.

There are alot of centres out there that dont even come close to that sort of ratio.

Rob