Format for Shield Roll-Offs

S

sir_ibanez

Hey, I was just wondering what the format was for the Shield Roll-Offs, whether everyones were the same or different??
ACT & Southern NSW was 24 games. 6 games over 4 centres.

Thanx, Later.

Hi Brad S,

Here in Victoria, the shield dates were Jan 19/20, Feb 2/3 and Feb 23/24.

Mooroobark, Morwell and Melton are the venues this year.

I can't remember how many games were bowled over the 6 days, but I am sure one of the other Victorian's could tell you. I think it was 7 but don't quote me on that one as I am not sure.

In CNSW we had to start off with 10 qualifying games then the boys were cut to the top 20 for matchplay (19 games) over three days.

The girls only had 13 girls try out so they still played 19 games but only 12 of them were matchplay.

30 bonus pins for a wins, 15 for a draw and 0 for a loss.

after the 19 games, the top 7 on each the boys and girls division were selected for the 2002 teams.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong

Hey guys i was just wondering how ur selection thing worked? coz some teams took the top 7 and some others took the top 5 and selected 2... i was just wondering how everyone elses worked coz nsw central just took the top 7..
thanx pplz!
cyas
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_razz.gif

Hey pplz

Here in SA, we had 14 games to start, 7 each day (sat and sun) then the top 10 was cut from boys and girls. This was in Dec. the next stage was 18 head to head games, u play each person twice with 1 petersen point for a win, and half for a draw, then out top 7 was cut.
there ya go, that is how it was done here in SA

c ya later
brad

Hey Kelly, well for a.c.t/southern the top 5 boys/girls were automatically selected, then 6th and 7th place were picked.
catchya
icon_smile.gif

northen nsw is straight out games... certain amount 1 day, same the next. but this year they mixed it up and we changed centres for the second day. top 7 make the team with next 3 "reserves" or "extras' as i think they are now termed.

there was speculation of a first 5 past the post and select 2 this year (which i think SQ and ACT/Southern to my knowledge both do) but it was canned. prolly cos it would cause too much contraversy! like every other SELECTION process in bowling seems to do!! lol
icon_biggrin.gif

bye

howdy all
seeing as the only 2 bowling alleys in the NT are about 1500kn apart, we just did 8 games a day over 1 weekend (sat/sun), no bonus points or petersen points, just scratch pinfall. then I do believe the top 7 were picked, but I"m not too sure, I'll be finding out this week sometime, cause challenge cup is on over easter, and that's when they announce the teams.
See ya's later, Cameron
icon_biggrin.gif

for the vic's you bowl over 3 weekends on the frist weekend you bowl 6 games on saturday and 6 on sunday them they cut to the top 20 in boys and girls
well the bowl 19 head to head game over 2 weekends the first weekend they bowl 5 games each day then the next trile they bowl 5 and 4 game.
so all up the Vic bowl 31 games to find out the team
icon_wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom