First 2 hander to bowl a 900 series

The point I was getting at was that Plastic ball or Reactive ball; Pros score the same... If the 'cheater ball' theory was correct, wouldn't we be seeing the pros shoot higher scores with a reactive than a plastic? Who better to judge our theory on than the best in the world?

Yes I realise the Pro's are obviously going to score well using a plastic; hence why I used them as an example.......... *Question is to TB, not to George directly*

Would be a very hard thing to do, because it can be a subjective outcome/reading/opinion, but grading the lane conditions for difficulty could alleviate the credibility issue for these occasions. ie 5 man league, sports pattern, he certainly earned it to the other end, singles league, THS, nice to do, but perhaps not officially recognised or marked with a code to denote the easy factor.

Course records don't count if you're playing off the white or red tees, or if you're playing lift, clean and cheat ;)

Steve - I understand your point. I love the fact that George posted it up and titled it Dicky Knee! I am fast becoming a disliker of look at his style, look at her style, this is my point! Sam knows what I am talking about.

To those that are commenting about it doesn't matter how you get to the line or style, it's the score that counts.

I think thats the issue thart a few are getting at.

If you are bowling 36 strikes in a row. Which is ultimate perfection.

The only people that should be able to do this are people who have absolutely no errors or flaws in their technique at all. People who if you took videos of 10 different shots you couldn't tell the difference. These are the only people that should be able to do it.

If bowling a 900 is about talent, consistency, perfect entry angle etc. Then why aren't the pros throwing them?

In my opinion, there is only 3 people who I would judge to have perfect technique in the world and that is Norm Duke, Pete Weber and Parker Bohn III.

300s and 900's are more a marketing ploy than the holy grail is used to be these days. If a 17 year old can throw a 900 then it puts a message out there that anyone can do it. All you need is a ditch and a ball and a pair of shoes.

In my opinion, there is only 3 people who I would judge to have perfect technique in the world and that is Norm Duke, Pete Weber and Parker Bohn III.

However all three have a completely different technique?.. The only people who should get 900's are the people that can shoot 900's.... And the list has been provided. The game is what it is, its not going to change... Why wasnt there 10 900's bowled on the same pair as Jimmy shot?? All the same pattern, all have bowling balls and bowling shoes... Funny that only Jimmy got the 900?.....

If anything, this proves that it ISN'T the lane, ditch, pins, ball that gave him the 900... everyone there was bowling on the same condition...

At the end of the day it's all about repeatability. If Jimmy can do what he does and repeat it over and over then good luck to him.

I think credibility really took a dive when Robert Mushtare was certified for two 900 series within the space of a month or so in 2005, both in prebowls. Plus he also had a third that was knocked back before those two. That would have been 3 perfect 900 series within 3 months. FIRST BOWLER TO SHOOT TWO CERTIFIED 900 SERIES TO COMPETE IN PBA TQR AT THE CHEETAH CHAMPIONSHIP | Professional Bowlers Association

Then you have Glenn Allison's in 1982 (the first ever) which was knocked back by the then ABC (now USBC) because of non-complying lane conditions. Robert's prebowl is OK though. Go figure.

There were a few 900's before Allison's

Those known to have unsanctioned 900s were:

Leo Bentley Lorain, Ohio March 26, 1931
Joe Sargent Rochester, N.Y. 1934
Jim Murgie Philadelphia, Pa. Feb. 4, 1937
Bob Brown Roseville, Calif. April 12, 1980
Glenn Allison LaHabra, Calif. July 1, 1982 (ABC turned down due to lane conditions)
John Strausbaugh York, Pa. July 11, 1987

There were a few 900's before Allison's

Those known to have unsanctioned 900s were:

Leo Bentley Lorain, Ohio March 26, 1931
Joe Sargent Rochester, N.Y. 1934
Jim Murgie Philadelphia, Pa. Feb. 4, 1937
Bob Brown Roseville, Calif. April 12, 1980
Glenn Allison LaHabra, Calif. July 1, 1982 (ABC turned down due to lane conditions)
John Strausbaugh York, Pa. July 11, 1987

And all before reactive resin bowling balls.... ;-))

Rob

YES, WAS MY COMMENT EARLIER. WOULDNT SANCTION A 900 SERIES UNTIL AFTER REACTIVES CAME IN. THINK IT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE OF AN ACHIEVMENT PRE-REACTIVE ERA.

MUST HAVE NEEDED TO PUT DOWN A BIGGER DITCH PRE-REACTIVE DAYS THAT AFTER REACTIVES CAME OUT.

Interesting about the ones prior to Glenn's. Why were they not sactioned? I know Glenn's was in league, what about the other ones?

Maybe they were in denial in those days. Didnt think anyone could possibly do it. Wouldnt sanction a 900 if you used pin boys.

1997 the 1st recognized 900 series. 21 in 15 years.
Found site that said 113,000 lanes in the US in 2005.
Average 10 games a day in league over 15 years.

6,186,750,000 games.

63 games of which have been involved in sanctioned 900 series. 0.000001018%

No wonder the game is a joke.

My Bad.

I think you should check this again... 21 x 900 series to me is 63 x 300 games... If you are going to do that then how many of those 6,186,750,000 games are 300's...

I wonder if the advent of reactive "cheater" balls meant that the pros no longer had to "cheat" and use their super soaker balls...

Also Michael, there is no need to raise your voice like you did in a later (well earlier) post... :D:D:D

I find it amusing how people jump on the "ditch" bandwagon saying how it's bad for this and that yet probably bowl on an easy condition themselves. Is it a ditch when people have the ability to score once they work out how the lanes play... i.e your home centre. Yes there are centres out there that lay invisible bumpers but there are those that lay repsectable house shots which still score high...

Then there are those tourneys where bowlers blow the house apart and average anywhere between 230-250, on WTBA recognised patterns. I honestly can't see how people can say it's easy this or that until you have your gear on the rack and are bowling on the same conditions as those who are there... This also applies to house shots. But no matter what happens there will ALWAYS be those who complain...

As for the 900 series, he bowled 36 strikes in a row, on the same pattern as the rest of the league... Obviously he was lined up. :p

Back
Top Bottom