Favourite Sports Car

best car ever made was the FORD GT 40 it is the icon of sport cars knocking farrari on its rear end :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I thought the heading was sports cars.
so far there have only been a couple of REAL sports cars, all the rest are either jap doof doof cars or powerful taxis.
Being fast dose not a sports car make.

My pick the 427sc Cobra.

I have nothing against jap cars(having made a living out of moding them)or Oz muscle cars(own the XD in my avatar, an XR6Turbo and a Mk I GT cortina, all very fast cars but not a single sports car)

Must say its hard to choose but im going to have to say bugatti veyron for its sheer power

I think real car's should be listed, not imaginary ones because Bugatti can't get 1000hp nailed to the ground long enough for it to be useful. Mind you, they do say that they've only got two things to work out and then it will be available for sale, the steering and the brakes. Nothing major, only a minor thing: changing direction and stopping. Probably something to think about with a 1000 horses spewing out the exhaust.

For all those who've mentioned falcon or commodore's...they aren't sports cars, they're family car's with expensive body kits, thats about it.

--
definition:
"sports car" - noun

1. sports car - a small low car with a high-powered engine; usually seats two persons
--

So you're out of luck on that one.

I thought the heading was sports cars.
so far there have only been a couple of REAL sports cars, all the rest are either jap doof doof cars or powerful taxis.
Being fast dose not a sports car make.

I'm there with Mr279, there is a specific sports car category in which most of the australian muscle or the pacific rice burners mentioned don't fit into.

Look to european makers for the real sports car's of the world and where are the classics? Triumph Stag, Sunbeam Tiger or even the MGB?

For classic, old school sports cars the Austin Healey Sprite or 3000 is well up the top as well as my personal favourite of the Sunbeam Tiger.

For the current midlife crisis/showroom specials today, the Morgan Aero 8 is a thing of beauty, a BMW 4.6 V8 in a classicly styled modern sports car with super modern black OZ wheels look superb. Of course you can't overlook the stupendously expensive and exotic Pagani Zonda or even the Porsche Carrera GT, they do fit into the sports car category but reside primarily in the super car section as well.

For something a little cheaper there's always the Aerial Atom which has more power per ton than a Honda CBR600RR sports bike and can beat it around a track in most conditions. Not an easy thing to do. Anyone who uses the chassis as an exoskeleton on the car has my vote.

There's waaay too many to mention and just about all of them come from Europe/UK. Australian car's are too simple and made out of shabby plastic to be useful and American car's can't go around corners and made from worse plastic. Japanese car's are good but when the Japanese aren't buying cars from their own country anymore questions have to be asked.

My rant is now over. :)

lol a sports car is a sports car.... we did not need a thiesis on what it takes to be a sports car or what it is you think is a sports car... Every one has different ideas about this i am sure so don't try and force your idea on the rest of us.

Charger E49..... thats my pick for a sports car.

I'm sure everyone does have their own idea of what they consider a sports car but there is a specific 'sports car' category to which companies comply to. Insurance companies especially take this into consideration because something like a Falcon XR8 comes under a different category than say a Porsche 911 or a Nissan 350Z. Just one of those things.

However, I will agree with you on the Charger. Old school style, quick off the mark still today and looks good to boot. Anyone that takes an abandoned truck engine design and says "I can make a car use one of these" is a winner in my book.

GO THE HSV MALOO UTE!!!!!!!!!

AND GO THE HOLDENS!!!1

LUV BRITTY :wink:

firstly holdens are superior with greg murphy and jason richards,but my fav sports car is definately the jaguar xj220,fastest car in the world until 2001 i think 8)

the DODGE MAGNUM 440 i own one now and i tell ya no skyline, evo, civic or any other sports car can compete with my muscle car it is a 12 cylinder v8 turbo with that much power you line up against me you have already lost before we even start.

Ok for starters u all have got it wrong! The best sports car is the Dodge Viper! Nothing beats that! Get it right next time!

i think people need to get over these crappy holdens, and get to like fords

Now thats a good quote! get over the crappy holdens! get into the XR8'S and the FPV's

72 - 74 HQ 2 door Monaro.

Right now I drive a small block Chevy powered Nissan Patrol. For a 2 ton vehicle it goes very nicely. :wink:

BIG ADAM said:
the DODGE MAGNUM 440 i own one now and i tell ya no skyline, evo, civic or any other sports car can compete with my muscle car it is a 12 cylinder v8 turbo with that much power you line up against me you have already lost before we even start.

A 12 cylinder V8 ???????????? So what does V8 stand for??
What model dodge car is it in(440 magnum being an engine option). Had a 440 in a 62 Phoenix, a very quick car. Ran 12.8 @ 107mph. Not the fastest car i have ever owned but possibly the most powerful.

Great sports car, how about Fiat 124 Abarth.

lol yeah thats wot i was thinkin...12cylinder v8... where do the other 4cylinders go.. in the boot 4 spares or sumfin....
lol and johno.. good luck finding a ford GTS...u may find a GS or a GTHO though.
sports car..... Ferrari F50 and Meclaren Mercedes.
or wot about a sports car engine?
revetec N/A 1.3L 4cylinder 235Nm of torque with no conrods or crankshaft

Back
Top Bottom