Fairlanes Perth in the '60s...anybody still alive?

PeeDub

Hi All,
Would love to contact anyone who bowled at Fairlanes, Perth in the 60's... I was a skinny, bespectacled junior who was lucky enough to befriend some great (senior) bowlers (and lively personalities)... people like Tony Haralambous (spelling?), Nugget, George Kirkman, George Smith (a Scottish lefty), David "Smelly" (who I believe died a few years ago) and of course Sylvia, Tino...& John at the milk bar. In the junior ranks were Peter Webb, Rod Perry, John Dillon.. it only recently occurred to me that the seniors I knew would all be 90+ by now (gulp). I recall a TELEVISED tournament (it was very rare for bowling to make it to local TV then) against a visiting US team from the US Navy Base at Exmouth.. they were vastly superior semi-pro's and we were local hicks in comparison. I bowled last against their captain (who was a fabulous bowler, but a big head!).. and I threw a double or turkey in the tenth frame against his open frame (a split). We won the tourny against all odds, to a rapturous local crowd. Good days, good people, love to contact anyone from that era......Cheers..............Peter Walker
P.s. Still have the trophy from the '67 Junior Petersen league and a few patches!

Back
Top Bottom