east coast challenge?

bm2

I'm still standin'
There was sone idle chit chat around Caboolture bowl during the Ladies classic regarding a tournament called the East Coast challenge, I think.......it is not one that I have heard of before, and was wondering if anyone can give me some info on it, when and where it is, and what it entails.
Much appreciated

Broni
icon_smile.gif

There was sone idle chit chat around Caboolture bowl during the Ladies classic regarding a tournament called the East Coast challenge, I think.......it is not one that I have heard of before, and was wondering if anyone can give me some info on it, when and where it is, and what it entails.
Much appreciated

Broni
icon_smile.gif

Basically It's a tourney similar to FIQ. Bowlers bowl singles, doubles , triples and teams for their state. 3 states (Vic, NSW, Qld) compete for the cups. Held over four days including masters with medals for each event. Held at different centres each year, usually Melb, Bris, Syd...Cheers
icon_mad.gif

The East Coast Challenge is a TQI (Queensland affiliattion name) tournament not TBA so this can be another reason why you may have not heard of it if you only bowl in TBA tournaments.

Not really like FIQ, id say more like TBA Nationals. ECCC doesn't have the presitge like FIQ which is international where the nations best bowlers compete. ECCC is sort of the same level as nationals.

Good luck to QLD in the ECCC anyway!

Hey Kim,

I think when AngryYoungMan meant that the format of ECCC slightly resembled that of FIQ.

I dont think he was referring to the prestige of the tournament.

Thanx for that, but can someone enlighten us as to when it is on, how the teams are selected, I believe Vic has a series of tournies as a rolloff (correct me if I am mistaken
icon_rolleyes.gif
) so what does Qld do? Also, for the new in town, who is TQI?

Broni
icon_smile.gif

Hi Victoria is in the middle of there roll offs for eastcoast. We bowl blocks of 8 games then All events at MTBA championships then another 8 games generally over 4 weekends. Last roll off at the end of july. Look to vic forum for teams then. If you get the chance have a go its lots of fun and great competition GO VICS

I think the Queensland team rolloffs are next weekend (?).

TQI is not in anyway affiliated with TBA. From my understanding TQI started in Queensland as bowlers in the area were unhappy with the then ATBC and started their own organisation.

As far as I know there are not many centres that run TQI leagues nowadays, I know Milton still does, other centres im not sure about. Im sure someone else can fill in the blanks or correct the information.

Basically It's a tourney similar to FIQ. Bowlers bowl singles, doubles , triples and teams for their state. 3 states (Vic, NSW, Qld) compete for the cups. Held over four days including masters with medals for each event. Held at different centres each year, usually Melb, Bris, Syd...Cheers
icon_mad.gif

Adult roll-offs are this weekend - 6th/7th - and Under 21 roll-offs are next weekend - 13th/14th. We have already bowled our championships, which are compulsory to bowl in if u want to try out.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

The East Coast Challenge is a TQI (Queensland affiliattion name) tournament not TBA so this can be another reason why you may have not heard of it if you only bowl in TBA tournaments.

Not really like FIQ, id say more like TBA Nationals. ECCC doesn't have the presitge like FIQ which is international where the nations best bowlers compete. ECCC is sort of the same level as nationals.

Good luck to QLD in the ECCC anyway!

Hey Kim,

I think when AngryYoungMan meant that the format of ECCC slightly resembled that of FIQ.

I dont think he was referring to the prestige of the tournament.

Thanx for that, but can someone enlighten us as to when it is on, how the teams are selected, I believe Vic has a series of tournies as a rolloff (correct me if I am mistaken
icon_rolleyes.gif
) so what does Qld do? Also, for the new in town, who is TQI?

Broni
icon_smile.gif

Hi Victoria is in the middle of there roll offs for eastcoast. We bowl blocks of 8 games then All events at MTBA championships then another 8 games generally over 4 weekends. Last roll off at the end of july. Look to vic forum for teams then. If you get the chance have a go its lots of fun and great competition GO VICS

I Wasn't refering to the prestige,
just the format. But yeah roll off's will
be ova soon. This Year its in Brisie at Cannon Hill. Dates are Oct. 1st to 4th with singles day 1 followed by doubles, triples teams. I'd personally go the final day cause if the points r tite, the bowling fires right up. Cheers, A.Y.M
icon_mad.gif

Graham thats right you don't know, if you have a look most centre's have more TQI leagues than they have TBA leagues.

The two centre's that I deal with one has No TBA leagues and the other has one, so I don't know were you get your info from.
icon_smile.gif

Ok .. what 2 centres are these ones ?

Sorry - Aspley also runs TQI leagues .. which ones am I missing ?

I'm sorry I don't know everything and there are a lot of people out there who don't know anything about these leagues, so .. how about trying to help people ?

Broni : in my opinion it is not as prestigious as Rachuig / Walter De Veer / Presidents Shield. I have never seen a Queensland ECCC team that I thought would be capable of beating the Queensland TBA teams, or another name for them - the "proper" Queensland teams.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica, ">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Me Here:
Graham thats right you don't know, if you have a look most centre's have more TQI leagues than they have TBA leagues.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And i don't know where you get your information from .. more TQI leagues in Brisbane than TBA ? I'd like to see the figures on that but i'm going to say that you are so far wrong it's not funny.

I think the Queensland team rolloffs are next weekend (?).

TQI is not in anyway affiliated with TBA. From my understanding TQI started in Queensland as bowlers in the area were unhappy with the then ATBC and started their own organisation.

As far as I know there are not many centres that run TQI leagues nowadays, I know Milton still does, other centres im not sure about. Im sure someone else can fill in the blanks or correct the information.

Adult roll-offs are this weekend - 6th/7th - and Under 21 roll-offs are next weekend - 13th/14th. We have already bowled our championships, which are compulsory to bowl in if u want to try out.
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif

Back
Top Bottom