DVD/R question

GeorgeF

Hypercell = Hyperhook!
I was just wondering to the people out there who know a bit about this stuff if it was possible to plug my mini-dv video camera straight into a DVD/R recorder (like a DVD player for your TV but one that you can record on) if you can record straight onto DVD on a DVD format?

I was told the other day that the frame rates are wrong and need to be buffed first and DVD/R players don't have the technology to buff and reduce the image. Is this true?

I was told the only true way to burn DVD's like that is to plug in my Cam corder into the computer (with firewire) and and transfer the image that way and the computer will automatically buffer the tape prior to burning.

What I want to do at the end of the day is burn my video footage to a DVD in DVD format. Any suggestions would be greatley appreciated

G

GeorgeF said:
I was told the only true way to burn DVD's like that is to plug in my Cam corder into the computer (with firewire) and and transfer the image that way and the computer will automatically buffer the tape prior to burning.

BINGO

theres lots of help out on the net ... let Google be your friend :)

You do not need to use a computer George. Simply run a firewire directly from the camcorder into the dvd recorder. Most recorders whether + RW or - RW have firewire inputs. Even if the camcorder doesn't have firewire output it will have RCA outputs. It is much easier to edit on a computer but for straight forward transfers just go in direct to your dvd recorder. You can use your TV or PDP to monitor.

Back
Top Bottom