Do you know what oil is on your lanes?

bowlrig

Just A Bowler
Just wondering how may know the brand of lane oil being used at their centre, the pattern being used and the distance the conditioner is on the lanes? Also the type of lane machine?

Brunswick Command, crown and oil to 22' buff to 38'.Century 100
Just interested .

Rob.

Thats easy....Week 1 Oil to 15 ft buff to 25 using any old oil the techs can find thats been laying around for years. Week 2...Oil to 30 ft and buff to 40 or even longer this time using some oil scraped out of the sump of the ol' falcon then spend the rest of the night leaning on the trouble bell waiting for the ball to come back. And on it goes and despite frequent complaints nothing changes. Now I know the techs hands are tied here with measly budgets to stick to but it seems to me Morley has beome the forgotten centre over here in the west which is a pity because I reckon it wouldnt take much to bring it up to scratch. Some new chassis and PBL's for starters would eliminate 50% of the trouble calls per night if not more. Maybe I should have posted this elsewhere but if someone from AMF actually reads this I hope they take note. Morley really is falling to pieces and I reckon its only the paint from the sexy mural holding it together. Baron
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

Me again forgot to answer the rest of the question. Lane oil.. not sure changes all the time. Condition...be easier trying to read the green at the 9th at Pebble Beach. Machine...Beat up ol' Century held together with rubber bands and insulation tape. Baron
icon_mad.gif
icon_mad.gif

SHOCK HORROR -

Baron replying to an area invloving OIL

Didnt think you knew what it was for for my friend- apart from putting it in the ole XB FALCON
Even then she didnt get much I'm sure

Well from memory not many houses in Perth used a great deal of it - only Rosemount would put down what nowadays would be considered a healthy amount

Most other houses stuck with the bare minimum

In Perth you have 3 centre with Phoenix, 1 with a Lane Walker and I believe the rest are still battling with Century 100 or 300's
Maybe Cannington has a Silver Bullet but not really sure as I tried to stay away from there after 97' LOL
icon_rolleyes.gif

What type of oil well that could be anyones guess and would have to agree with my slippery Lefthander friend - Car Oil, degreaser who the hell knows -

GIDDY UP!!

This is what they are using here.

AMFCentury Summit with Reactor oil

31 units in the heads from 10 to 10 outside ten 10 units.

oil length 32' buff out to 41'

Back
Top Bottom