Difference between these two ball

M

musecret127

hi,

Can any one tell me the difference between these two ball:

Ebonite - The One
&
Hammer - The Big Deal

Cos i want to get these two ball in one time.

there is a reasonable difference in these 2 balls. the first difference is the amount of oil each absorbs. the ONE absorbs around 4 times as much oil as the big deal making it an excellent ball for heavy lanes. The cores in each ball are different also. some1 correct me if im wrong but in the one more of the mass is in the center of the ball while the big deal is not as concentrated in the one area which means that the one would hook a bit earlier. As for the coverstocks both are pearl particles so the only other difference i know off is the colour of each

But Brando told me the Big Deal will hook earlier and more than the The One, why is that, which ways is better

Hooking earlier better?

If let say in mid -heavy lane.

yeah brando is right, sorry. i misread the information. if you look at the rg and the differential of each ball it gives u an idea of the reaction. seeing we have new information the big deal would be better for those heavier lane conditions where the one would be suited for medium to heavy. but all this information doesnt really matter because its all about how you drill the ball. there is no point in getting the big deal for heavy lanes and then getting it drilled standard with the cg in center of grip and the pin above or below the fingers depending on the pin size. so all in all if you want a ball for heavy lanes go for the big deal and then talk to brando or whoever is drilling it about drilling options

Gday,

Lets start some info from scratch...

The Big Deal is a strong coverstocked ball, with a strong mass bias influence. It comes factory Dull, allowing more traction in oil.

The One, was designed with a newer coverstock. it comes polished, but it absorbs oil on the coverstock very quickly. Ebonite believes this allows consistency between shots, as there is no need to wipe the oil off the ball before bowling. It also has a strong mass bias influence. The one won't handle as much oil as the Big deal, however it (depending on same variables) should have more 'backend' hook.

What are you looking for in the ball, and ill be more than happy to offer you more advice, otherwise talk to your proshop operator.

Cheers!

Thank you for your advice

I have brought the The One , and drilled in pattern #2, this is what my pro shop ppl recommended, but he didn't explain it to me why in this pattern. Anyone know why?

Also, he told me the ball i got is a bit different to the other, the NB mark is in left hand side, which should be in right hand side (pro shop ppl said), i am scare that my ball is a fault one, and it seems lighter than the other 14 lbs ball i got, can anyone tell me ?

Andrew

drilling pattern #2 is the recommended layout for most players. the ball reaction you should get is long and strong, in other words it will go down the lane for a long while before making a strong snap into the pocket. Your pro shop probably drilled it this way for you because it produces the most even reaction with the highest total hook. your ball is not a faulty one so dont worry, just because the mb is on the left side of the grip doesnt mean its a dud. dont worry what your pro shop driller said because as it shows in the drilling diagram the mb, cg and pin are all in a straight line. This is not the case in all bowling balls as with each bowling ball made the cg will not be in exactly the same place all the time. So the mb being on the left wont matter a whole much but it might make the ball reaction a bit different to what it says on the sheet

Thank you very much Storm 53, you are really kind and helpful.
thank you very much, maybe be i expect too much on this ball and still can't get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom