Country Cup 2011 - Wodonga

Deano!
No alcohol, sex or any other stimulants prior to the big game. I might make an exception to a soy decaf latte if you behave :p

Jason we have not listened to you yet and we wont listen to you now. One wiff of Bundy and you will be in. Will have to sabotage you on the way down.

Deano

Yeah Jason , what Deano said ! ! . . U better know your role or I will have to give ya a slap up the back of the head !! . . ;)

Umm no rules broken to the younger ones in the team. Break the rules = sit on the pine all weekend.

Deano

Now see what happens when I go onto Day work - you guys can waffle some s**t in a short period of time.

Quick one on the dinner - It seems that you have all forgotten the real reason that their is a dinner this year and hopefully every year after. It is for the Hall of Fame and the Legends Inductees - Ideally we want all associations/team members present but unless we can arrange it to have it on a Saturday or Sunday night then this is most probably not 100% achieavable. Friday/Monday night - the people that want Friday night most probably have the same reasons as the people that want Monday night have - People return to work on the Tuesday or travel after work on the Friday.

Everyone that attended last years dinner had a great time and it is not often that you get to catch up with other associations away from the bowling alley.
This is the atmosphere that we are trying to ensure happens every year - Mildura being so far away from most other associations meant that more people than normal stayed on the Monday night

To attack the VCTBA for putting up a comment is why this site in their/our eyes is not a successful as it can be - we want their opinions, their insight but we wont see it because to many people are to quick on the keyboard without thinking what they are typing

With the dinner here are a couple of options to have a think about whether it is achievable or not
Have the dinner on the Sunday night
10 Associations total of 18 games
Current Setup is
Saturday 1 block of 4 1 block of 3
Sunday 1 block of 4 1 block of 3
Monday Block of 4 games
Total 18 7+7+4 = 18 games

So now we want to free up the Sunday night for a dinner
On the Saturday bowl 2 blocks of 4
On the Sunday bowl 1 block of 5
On the Monday bowl 1 block of 5
Assuming it takes about an hour a game then we are adding approx 2 hours to both Saturdays and Mondays finish time. If bowling was to begin at say 8ish on the Sunday then 10 hours bowling - 1 hour change over then they would be finished by 7ish and at the venue by 8ish

That way the people that cant make Friday nights or Monday nights have an opportunity to attend - but in the past not all associations have supported a dinner mid tournament as well.

That is my 1 minutes worth - lookin forward to catchin up with everyone soon

Woza is it to late to do that this year???

Deano

No idea Deano - it was only a suggestion. Seeing that we are only a couple of weeks away the chances of getting it changed may be to late and whilst it may seem one solution it would still have to go out for a vote to all associations for their approval - finishing later on the Monday night may not suit everyone

I am not sure of where the format of rounds for Country Cup sits in the VCTBA - ie if it is in the constitution or general rules or doesnt exist at all and it has just been taken for granted each year that is how the games for the day are broken up. Depending on where it sits will determine the process to possibly have it changed. Most likely it wont happen this year but is a possible suggestion for future years.

To attack the VCTBA for putting up a comment is why this site in their/our eyes is not a successful as it can be - we want their opinions, their insight but we wont see it because to many people are to quick on the keyboard without thinking what they are typing

Who attacked the VCTBA? I said the decision SEEMS stupid and they are not too busy to reply on here. I also said I missed the "common sense".

All I have asked is why Monday was chosen when it so obviously excludes teams from going.

Who attacked the VCTBA? I said the decision SEEMS stupid and they are not too busy to reply on here. I also said I missed the "common sense".

All I have asked is why Monday was chosen when it so obviously excludes teams from going.

And having it on a Friday night doesnt exclude any teams :confused:

From reading through the last 10 pages it appears that the right exclusions have been made - apologies to the rest of your teammates

And having it on a Friday night doesnt exclude any teams :confused:

From reading through the last 10 pages it appears that the right exclusions have been made - apologies to the rest of your teammates

I did mention the fact that other suggestions had been made as well as the Friday.

Perhaps you need to think before you post ;)

I like the idea of a Saturday or Sunday dinner if we can arrange it. It would mean all associations can attend.

Well Mr Black i rekon we organise one for the Friday night as well. We will sort the annoying person out.;)

Deano

We always seem to hang out friday night anyway, will be the same this year I am sure ;)
And here is my 2 bucks worth, stop ****ing carrying on you ****wits, carry on focusing about the dinner or **** coz it means you are distracted from the actuall tournament that we will be winning!!!! :p

We always seem to hang out friday night anyway, will be the same this year I am sure ;)
And here is my 2 bucks worth, stop ****ing carrying on you ****wits, carry on focusing about the dinner or **** coz it means you are distracted from the actuall tournament that we will be winning!!!! :p

Motta are you bowling this year???? Didnt think you would of made the team just on previous years. They must be desperate. So you gonna stay with us one night like you usually do.????

Deano

Back
Top Bottom